Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Capture/Hijack vs Enemy Transport Vessels

Maugre

So the other day, my friends and I were doing some capture missions, when the question came up of "why aren't there any archwing captures?", followed by "How would that even work?".

I took it as a challenge.  >:U

So, the idea I came up with is simple, but I feel it's effective. You deploy into an area near, but not within, occupied space, and Lotus chimes in to tell you "Tenno, there is a large [Grineer/Corpus] transport in the area, carrying cargo valuable to our cause. Disable the ship before it reaches their main force."

From there, you're on a timer. The target is already on it's way towards it's objective, as it would normally be. You need to first catch up to it, by rushing through the rocks, debris, and etcetera. Once you've caught up to the ship, you engage it, setting them onto high alert. A group of normal archwing enemies accompanied the ship as a guard patrol, and you need to take them out. Along the way, there are various stations where the ship can get additional support to come in and attack you, as well as the ship itself being armed with (destroyable) weaponry. You could choose to fight them off, or focus entirely on the ship's shields and engines to disable it.

Once disabled, the ship will no longer be on it's way to the objective, but the mission turns into a sort of short hijack mission. The crew inside sends out a signal that they've been compromised, and your job is then to bring the ship to an area where the goods can be extracted without fear of enemy resistance. When you reach that point, Lotus tells you to clear the surrounding enemies away, completing the mission and protecting the ship from enemies that would "rather destroy" the goods "than let it get into our hands".

Alternatively, the mission could be completed by simply clearing the surrounding enemies once the ship has been disabled, and having the Liset come and extract the goods directly rather than needing to be transported to an extraction point.

Of course, this mission type could easily be tagged as Archwing Hijack for obvious reasons, but the inclusion of the target being able to completely escape, rather than simply backing up when you're not in control of it, would make it feel a lot more tense when you see the target getting closer to it's goal.

Edited by Maugre