The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Buying Platinum with gift cards don't work?

UltimateNinjaWarrior

Question

So during the weekend and the forum downtime, I got a 50% platinum discount and decided, "Hey this is my chance!" and rushed to the "Buy Platinum" page. I went to go buy 170 or 150 something bundle and tried to use my target giftcard. Apparently that didn't work even though it had money in it. I used my Fandango gift card and that didn't work as well so I emailed their support and they haven't responded since. I'm pretty ticked off because I don't own a credit card and this is ridiculous. Lost my 50% discount because Paygarden doesn't know how to program.

4 answers to this question

Which error messages (if any) did you receive? 

Did you call the number on the back of your GC, to confirm its amount? If it's a penny less, your card won't work.

Do you live in the US? Gift cards are accepted only by accounts based in the US.

Support is backlogged by a week. But, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Try to remember as much information as you can. Such as the day of the week, roughly what time, any error messages, etc. You may yet still get your plat bundle at 50% off.

*crosses her fingers*

Edited by Agent_Pookie
typo

2 hours ago, Agent_Pookie said:

Which error messages (if any) did you receive? 

Did you call the number on the back of your GC, to confirm its amount? If it's a penny less, your card won't work.

Do you live in the US? Gift cards are accepted only by accounts based in the US.

Support is backlogged by a week. But, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Try to remember as much information as you can. Such as the day of the week, roughly what time, any error messages, etc. You may yet still get your plat bundle at 50% off.

*crosses her fingers*

Error 1000: We could not verify that brand, card number, and PIN combination. 

Checked on the Target website that my card has 50 bucks on it

Yes I live in the US and bought it at my local Target...in California

I sent the email 4 days ago

12 hours ago, UltimateNinjaWarrior said:

Error 1000: We could not verify that brand, card number, and PIN combination. 

Checked on the Target website that my card has 50 bucks on it

Yes I live in the US and bought it at my local Target...in California

I sent the email 4 days ago

Since you have a PC account, do you play on Steam? Sounds stupid, but they have a better paying system when it comes to using a GC.

Not counting the weekends, it takes seven days for a response. Though, support always seems backed up ( I wonder why, heh ). You should receive a response by the end of the week (friday). 
They helped me with my GC problem. I can't promise you'll receive the same outcome, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

11 hours ago, Agent_Pookie said:

Since you have a PC account, do you play on Steam? Sounds stupid, but they have a better paying system when it comes to using a GC.

Not counting the weekends, it takes seven days for a response. Though, support always seems backed up ( I wonder why, heh ). You should receive a response by the end of the week (friday). 
They helped me with my GC problem. I can't promise you'll receive the same outcome, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

Yes I do play on Steam, started by downloading Warframe from the website though.

I emailed Paygarden support (The people in charge of the gift card purchases) and found out what the problem was. I didn't put in the pin number as I wasn't aware there was one. Turns out it was the Access # on the Target card so once I got past that, I could buy it. It's sad though because my discount had gone to waste. What was weird was that I chose the $5.00 option and after inputting the numbers, it said I got $37.00 as my balance from $50.00 which makes no sense but alright. Thanks for your interest.