Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Acknowledge The Bad Infestation Design.

CrimsonSpectre

I actually love everything about the infested...

They are actually challenging and annoying...

If I cannot find things to hate about a game in a sense of,"Wow if I mess up once I'm dead", then it's not as fun...

Maybe I'm a masochist but...despite how frustrating it is...

I'd rather them alter the infested to be much more complicated and fun than make it too trivial and easy to destroy...

Ancients are just overpowered though...

Sorry, but this is COMPLETELY a learn to play issue. Plenty of players deal with it just fine, therefore it is not bad design, but, rather, that you are not skilled enough (yet) to deal with it. Keep trying, practice makes perfect.

There is no SKILL involved with the infested. You just slide-slash everywhere. Of course, get hit once and you're stunlocked to death.

The Infestation's only real problem is their over-abundance of stun/stagger - every single enemy has it in some form and can make fighting them incredibly frustrating and unfun. Ancients only compound this problem with their multitude of other tricks - sliding toward you in mid attack animation, being practically immune to cloaking, and the ability to hit you, guaranteed, if you're in range.

I'm all for a challenge, and certainly I wouldn't say they need 'nerfing' per se. All that's really needed is to tone done their ability to take control from you.

That said, the Grineer are *far* worse. Between Rollers and Scorpions (who really have not been fixed) it's difficult to bring myself to face Grineer at all these days.

I coulnd't agree more about the infestation.

I disagree with you on the Grineer, the rollers are annoying, but very uncommon. I've only ever seen three. Scorpions are more common but they rarely use their grapple hook, preferring to just run at you with their swords. They're also pretty squishy and as a fury dual ether user I find them pushovers. Its the heavy units fisty slamy thing that pisses me off.

I coulnd't agree more about the infestation.

I disagree with you on the Grineer, the rollers are annoying, but very uncommon. I've only ever seen three. Scorpions are more common but they rarely use their grapple hook, preferring to just run at you with their swords. They're also pretty squishy and as a fury dual ether user I find them pushovers. Its the heavy units fisty slamy thing that &!$$es me off.

Believe me, on later planets, the Rollers and Scorpions get trotted out far, far more. And Scorpions become so enamoured with the hook that they've set a date for the wedding!