Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay Never Gets Updated, Only Content

alocrius

Well gameplay is fine and content is not, so why would they update it?

Gameplay is not fine. AI is really, really bad. Game difficulty is a joke, which leads to huge balance problems that get even bigger when you drop potatoes and forma into the equation(the lack of content for endgame gear is killing this game slowly). Boss fights are also closing in on being a joke. There is ZERO need for players to cooperate except dual doors and reviving someone. There are many severely underpowered weapons that almost never see any use and are just bought leveled up for rank and then sold. Map design also can get better(mostly concerning how npcs can use it against the tenno). Sound design needs an overhaul(which i guess is in progress constantly) Stuff like reload animations and magazines for weapons are also set aside for the future. And there are probably many other things that i forgot to mention.

Now, dont get me wrong i love the game, but DE are going in the wrong direction with all the new content while overlooking important gameplay aspects. I really think that for now we have enough content, and DE should slow down with releasing new stuff until they polish and finish the old content.

But enemy AI and difficulty in general, should be addressed now, not later. We will survive a few patches without new items.

@ overdosed: Thanks dude, my sentiments exactly. I love the game but feel like its careening toward a dead-end. DE aren't pushing any boundaries or adding new dynamics to the gameplay experience. DE has some tough choices to make. They've gotten a ton of really great feedback from the community which I hope they reference, sooon. I will flat out say that the best and easiest thing they could do to improve gameplay would be to introduce competitive elements between players. That is the challenge that this action (turned accidentally farming) game is missing. There's lots of ways they could go about it, i made a suggestion earlier. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60683-mission-vs-mission-tourney-mode-with-rewards/#entry633670 I know they are planning things like that for the dojo but I think these competitive elements need to be part of the core gameplay experience apart from the dojo time-sink. This would be the easiest way to improve gameplay. The hard way would be to create radically new level designs with new enemies/ai, entirely new game modes, new combat options and new movement modalities or introduce new content/lore through rpg-like missions. If I could wave a magic wand I would introduce a bounty system and space pirates and parkour-centric level design..

Edited by alocrius

Gameplay is not fine. AI is really, really bad. Game difficulty is a joke, which leads to huge balance problems that get even bigger when you drop potatoes and forma into the equation(the lack of content for endgame gear is killing this game slowly). Boss fights are also closing in on being a joke. There is ZERO need for players to cooperate except dual doors and reviving someone. There are many severely underpowered weapons that almost never see any use and are just bought leveled up for rank and then sold. Map design also can get better(mostly concerning how npcs can use it against the tenno). Sound design needs an overhaul(which i guess is in progress constantly) Stuff like reload animations and magazines for weapons are also set aside for the future. And there are probably many other things that i forgot to mention.

Now, dont get me wrong i love the game, but DE are going in the wrong direction with all the new content while overlooking important gameplay aspects. I really think that for now we have enough content, and DE should slow down with releasing new stuff until they polish and finish the old content.

But enemy AI and difficulty in general, should be addressed now, not later. We will survive a few patches without new items.

Before this, DE needs to iron out all the bugs and exploits done. Like the Bronco zoom or the bad frame rates on certain tiles or tilesets. There are tons of bugs in this game, some aren't minor especially the random object generation thing that somehow processes random unnecessary matter into the game that blocks off some places (if that severe but thankfully not on main pathways). Bugs first, gameplay second, new content third. Simple order.

Edited by matrixEXO

Before this, DE needs to iron out all the bugs and exploits done. Like the Bronco zoom or the bad frame rates on certain tiles or tilesets. There are tons of bugs in this game, some aren't minor especially the random object generation thing that somehow processes random unnecessary matter into the game that blocks off some places (if that severe but thankfully not on main pathways). Bugs first, gameplay second, new content third. Simple order.

I disagree. Concept, gameplay, and content are more important. If DE is aiming for a bug-free game with bland and boring gameplay then there will be no body left when they manage to iron out most of the bugs. Bugfix is a continuous action, not a primary objective.

I disagree. Concept, gameplay, and content are more important. If DE is aiming for a bug-free game with bland and boring gameplay then there will be no body left when they manage to iron out most of the bugs. Bugfix is a continuous action, not a primary objective.

Well, in a game rife with bugs, from small to excruciatingly big, I would prioritize bug fixing. At least till all the major bugs are gone. Then we can say, gameplay can be updated. If you don't believe me, check all the topics I made about bugs. A few of them even affect gameplay to a certain extend.

On the other hand, changing the gameplay would obviously usher in another wave of bugs (exception of extended testing on developer's part). This, coupled with current bugs, would cause the game to be so bugged that I don't know if we should even proceed that way first.

Edited by matrixEXO