The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Kubrow breeding.

(PSN) sb001001

Question

I’ve been looking into Kubrow breeding and there’s a lot of old and/or conflicting info to be found so I was hoping I could find some answers here.

I’ve incubated three eggs so far. All random, didn’t use imprints and all with eggs found somewhere on earth. The results were 3/3 Huras kubrows

Now, I’m not really interested in getting special colors or prints but I’d like to get at least one of each breed eventually. 

If I buy the Kubrow egg from the market instead of using one I found on earth and use random incubating, do I have a better chance of getting something less common, or are the chances equal.

And if I combine two imprints for example 2x Chesa, will the resulting Kubrow also be a Chesa or is the breed always random? 

And to follow up on the last question, if I combine 2 imprints from different breeds, will the resulting kubrow be guaranteed to be one of those 2 breeds? (For example Chesa x Sahana gives a 50/50 chance of being Chesa/Sahana?)

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this matter!

5 answers to this question

using templates will give you the same breed, fattyness, eye color, fur colors and pattern the rest is random

and about the random incubating you are probably just getting unlucky, like me when chesa came out i wasted like 30 eggs trying to get it but always got the huras and sahasa kubrows.

I had one instance where 2 imprints from the same breed hatched a kubrow of different breed. Probably a bug.

I believe when Chesa came out there where complaints from the PC users that the eggs from the market had a higher chance of hatching a chesa but that's fixed coz I hathced many Chesas from eggs found on earth.

What breeds do you still need? If you're not worried about size, color, etc., I may be able to give you a few imprints bearing in mind that none of my kubrows are .."rare".

As stated above, market eggs and Eearth eggs should have the same chance to breed any Kubrow currently available. It is much harder it seems when you are looking for specific breeds. LOL I was lucky that a friend let me borrow his Chesa prints when it was the last one I needed. You can still get a different breed with the same prints, but it is really rare to do so. 

As deadbeef stated, find me in game and I have spare prints of all the breeds I believe. The Chesa, you will have to wait for though as another clan mate will be using those to get his and then imprint it and give those prints back to me. But the Sahasa, Sunika, and Raksa I have plenty of and some cool looking specimens.

Edited by (PS4) CowboyJeff72

1 hour ago, rage4198 said:

using templates will give you the same breed, fattyness, eye color, fur colors and pattern the rest is random

and about the random incubating you are probably just getting unlucky, like me when chesa came out i wasted like 30 eggs trying to get it but always got the huras and sahasa kubrows.

Yeah, must be my bad luck then. Sometime the 'random' in rng doesn't make sense at all!

22 minutes ago, (PS4) deadbeef001 said:

I had one instance where 2 imprints from the same breed hatched a kubrow of different breed. Probably a bug.

I believe when Chesa came out there where complaints from the PC users that the eggs from the market had a higher chance of hatching a chesa but that's fixed coz I hathced many Chesas from eggs found on earth.

What breeds do you still need? If you're not worried about size, color, etc., I may be able to give you a few imprints bearing in mind that none of my kubrows are .."rare".

7 minutes ago, (PS4) CowboyJeff72 said:

As stated above, market eggs and Eearth eggs should have the same chance to breed any Kubrow currently available. It is much harder it seems when you are looking for specific breeds. LOL I was lucky that a friend let me borrow his Chesa prints when it was the last one I needed. You can still get a different breed with the same prints, but it is really rare to do so. 

As deadbeef stated, find me in game and I have spare prints of all the breeds I believe. The Chesa, you will have to wait for though as another clan mate will be using those to get his and then imprint it and give those prints back to me. But the Sahasa, Sunika, and Raksa I have plenty of and some cool looking specimens.

Thank you both! 

At the moment, I'm missing all but Huras.  

My friend just told me she has all the breeds apart from Huras so I'll be able to trade with her for everything I need. 

Thank you so much for offering though, I really appreciate it and thank you all for the advice!

(And let me just go off-topic for a bit and say that I find it amazing how helpful and generous the Warframe community in general is. I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and everywhere I find people willing to give advice and stuff for free to help out a starting player. (It's a completely different experience for someone jaded from spending too much time in the Destiny community.)