Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Cooldown Video

silentdrumr

I honestly just want to know what the problem is.. I made this video talking about and showing the movement and such after update 8.1+hotfix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IsqM0uB0jk&feature=youtu.be

Please excuse the bad audio. If I had a better mic, I would use it.

Also please don't make this a discussion about rushers vs explorers because that's still an "issue", but I only want to know what exactly is wrong with the slide cooldown.

Thank you for watching/listening.

I think the problem (after logging on and testing it myself) is that the slide after landing from the jump didn't require you to hold shift. It's because of a bug, which I think they fixed, that would keep draining your stamina/automatically make your character run after doing a flip. Also, I feel that they increased the cooldown time between slides which didn't make sense, considering that they already fixed the unintended wavedashing.

You make a great point, and I play as Ash and Loki all the time because I gotta go fast.  Even if I do rush (I do...) I try and slow down occasionally.  I have also played as Frost Prime and know the pain of running slowly and I do what you do, jump kicking, sliding, etc. 

I think the problem (after logging on and testing it myself) is that the slide after landing from the jump didn't require you to hold shift. It's because of a bug, which I think they fixed, that would keep draining your stamina/automatically make your character run after doing a flip. Also, I feel that they increased the cooldown time between slides which didn't make sense, considering that they already fixed the unintended wavedashing.

The bug fix was made up for with a toggle sprint the day right after. And I honestly don't notice the cooldown because I never really used wave dashing to begin with. Idk, but thank you for your response.

The video shows many times you lose momentum after the second flip. Also, you kind of proving the point of why the change was bad, because you demonstrated that the slide+attack exploit still exists and that was the reason why DE attempted to fix it with this hotfix which quite obvious failed.

And by the definition of the slide+attack, then wall jump should be nerfed too because it does exactly the same thing. Giving an insane increases in velocity and momentum the direction you are facing.

The video shows many times you lose momentum after the second flip. Also, you kind of proving the point of why the change was bad, because you demonstrated that the slide+attack exploit still exists and that was the reason why DE attempted to fix it with this hotfix which quite obvious failed.

And by the definition of the slide+attack, then wall jump should be nerfed too because it does exactly the same thing. Giving an insane increases in velocity and momentum the direction you are facing.

I'm saying that they didn't remove the movement like people are claiming. Chaining is still there, all the other wall jump mechanics are still there.

Yes I do see how I lose momentum on the second slide so thank you for pointing out.

I don't think they should remove wall jumps because it's what allows you to parkour to different areas and/or allow you to get from point A to point B in cooler and more stylish ways.

All I'm saying is that the movement is still all there and I don't feel any less than a ninja about it. If they do begin nerf in other aspects like wall running,jumping, climbing, etc, then I will completely agree with all the rage going on.

I'm saying that they didn't remove the movement like people are claiming. Chaining is still there, all the other wall jump mechanics are still there.

Yes I do see how I lose momentum on the second slide so thank you for pointing out.

I don't think they should remove wall jumps because it's what allows you to parkour to different areas and/or allow you to get from point A to point B in cooler and more stylish ways.

All I'm saying is that the movement is still all there and I don't feel any less than a ninja about it. If they do begin nerf in other aspects like wall running,jumping, climbing, etc, then I will completely agree with all the rage going on.

The wall jump part was more a sarcastic comment for the ignorant ones who use the argument to justify the recent update. Like "Hurr durr, with this update, the helicopter exploit is fixed and you can still be fast with wall jumps or Rush mod".

Don't get me wrong, I like to wall jump too. But this fix did nothing but harm the alternative movement chains. Before you had the option between the insane boost from wall jumps, continuous combo chain with slide+forward flip or a variation of that, to quickly move around the map. Now you are much more limited to wall jumps and finding the small shortcuts.

The wall jump part was more a sarcastic comment for the ignorant ones who use the argument to justify the recent update. Like "Hurr durr, with this update, the helicopter exploit is fixed and you can still be fast with wall jumps or Rush mod".

Don't get me wrong, I like to wall jump too. But this fix did nothing but harm the alternative movement chains. Before you had the option between the insane boost from wall jumps, continuous combo chain with slide+forward flip or a variation of that, to quickly move around the map. Now you are much more limited to wall jumps and finding the small shortcuts.

Well the shortcut thing I talked about was mostly about how people struggle keeping up and I know that a majority of those people don't really use shortcuts(they use stairs for everything for example)

And again, I seem to be able to chain everything just fine. Sure it's slightly slower but that's it. All the movement is still there. Nothing was taken away. You can still do everything you could before the patch.

If they do continue to nerf movement though, it'll only cause people to use faster frames. But thus far they haven't removed any core move that I can't do. Only time I fail the slide attack launch is when I mess up the input or when I'm out of stamina just like it's always been.

And sorry, I couldn't tell you were being sarcastic xD

Well said i dont really know why are they trying to limit the movement abilities this game has. Movement is what this game excel in my opinion. removing different ways of movement ruins the gaming experience and makes the game get old that much faster.

Edited by IIIlllIII

I 'unno, there's something really depressive about the dozen-or-so threads popping up after the update whining about how the game is ruined now.

Everything works fine.

I find it really fun to move in the game, what with the wall-runs and jumps, slides and flips. The new, as they called it, "mantle" animation is really cool too. I've only had this much fun moving around in a game in Tribes. Quite an achievement.

The "fixes" were intended to get rid of the stuck-in-sprint bug. Which, ironically, only increased in frequency for me xD

Yep, this guy has it right. In no way has my movement, or that of any of my friends for that matter. Been "harmed" by this change. +1

It is kinda depressing sometimes seeing all the threads whining literally every single update. From my experience Rhino's used to chain-invulns to just say "screw the game I am Rhino" well now the can't. Maybe they set the Damage-Absorb too low but DE has said in a stream they didn't expect players to be running to Wave 30-40. The game probably starts breaking down as the scaling system was set for level 1-40 gameplay, beyond that numbers probably are hitting exponential curves and thus getting really big, really fast.

Edited by Estred