Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Ship V. Ship Warfare

Riptose

So, everybody knows that the tenno are constantly attacking other grineer and corpus ships, satellites, and ground installations. Thats the gameplay that makes up warframe.

But what if DE incorporated a separate set of missions where you essentially pilot a ship to physically attack other ships? I think this would break up the sometimes monotonous gameplay we are all used to. 

Obviously, this would take a TON of work, and we would need to figure out how the ships would work, how modding the ships would work, how combat would work, and how the Infested would take part in this, as well as rewards, balancing, etc.

My suggestions are either A) tactical combat simulator, taking into account ship positions, dealing with real time problems to the ships, as well as space debris and other factors while you try to destroy an enemy ship. B) a turn based strategy requiring the players to control different parts of the ship to counter the actions of the enemy ship, who does the same.

C) a Flight simulator type system where the players would take control of several smaller ships and attack a variety of enemy cruisers, fighters, and large "boss" ships. 

Is there a place for this in Warframe? I would like to think that this would be a fun little way to break up the run and gun gameplay that can still contribute to our warframes.

Good idea?