Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please For The Love Of God Stop Automating Everything.

GrilledSalmonWithLemon

Why do I always have to transition into a double somersault back flip barrel roll sidewinder flipper snapper... I just want to jump on top of a pod or climb up an object. I don't want to forward flip roll into the abyss (which has happened a few times).

This type of automation works for console games (Prince of Persia) where the controls are harder to use but not for PC. Please allow the player to select various control profiles which can automate certain processes please. Unifying the game controls for both console and PC is foolish and in the end will cause more headaches than anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0BqbNGVSrc&feature=youtu.be

Need I remind you of basic game design: let the players learn the controls, this would make the game more rewarding.

Edit: New climb animation added I think, now I'm starting to think it's not the animations but the method for how code is used to recognize climbing, running or jumping over stuff... the syntax of commands is a mess.

Edited by GrilledSalmonWithLemon

theres no consideration for consoles yet. it's called momentum, something you'd had to consider in RL, consider it here

Except its inconsistent, you can ledge-climb onto other surfaces without rolling or sommersaulting.

Edited by Mietz

theres no consideration for consoles yet. it's called momentum, something you'd had to consider in RL, consider it here

The example posted by the OP (and the dozens of other situations where the controls don't do what you tell them to do) have nothing to do with momentum.

It's just a case of badly formulated animation triggers combined with an unhealthy dose of clunky controls (brought about by inappropriate use of action cooldowns & buffering.)

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

Okay so this PS4 E3 clip from their YouTube page is a myth like what Stalker?

FWI they are including design choices which will effect their move to console as well. Prepare yourself, for the noob onslaught is coming.

While we're considering momentum let's consider the fact that we can do a perfect 90 degree alteration in our momentum when we run up walls.

Word OP. I too tire of simply pushing W to go forward and doing a roll like a bad 70s cop show. And your example of attempting to simply jump on top of something.  -_-

I think there should be some other button to press to do "special moves". A button that is not commonly use to move around like shift or space bar. The fact that the sprint and roll are linked to the same key. *facepalm*   O,O  Really, not trying to be offensive here but who thought that was a good idea?

Why do I always have to transition into a double somersault back flip barrel roll sidewinder flipper snapper... I just want to jump on top of a pod or climb up an object. I don't want to forward flip roll into the abyss (which has happened a few times).

This type of automation works for console games (Prince of Persia) where the controls are harder to use but not for PC. Please allow the player to select various control profiles which can automate certain processes please. Unifying the game controls for both console and PC is foolish and in the end will cause more headaches than anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0BqbNGVSrc&feature=youtu.be

it may be foolish but money makes the world go around

it may be foolish but money makes the world go around

Well opening up the market and allowing console gamers to play is cool. Just not if the PC version needs to be dumbed down. Many games allow for various profiles to be set for use of different control schemes, asking this isn't asking much. Just include a menu with the option instead of recoding it every time. Let the player decide, besides learning the controls is half the fun. This is why fighting games are so popular, there is reward in learning the controls. Don't make it more automated just because little Timmy is having trouble wall-running.

Word OP. I too tire of simply pushing W to go forward and doing a roll like a bad 70s cop show. And your example of attempting to simply jump on top of something.  -_-

I think there should be some other button to press to do "special moves". A button that is not commonly use to move around like shift or space bar. The fact that the sprint and roll are linked to the same key. *facepalm*   O,O  Really, not trying to be offensive here but who thought that was a good idea?

I disagree here.  There are enough button combos to consider just doing the movements you want to do currently.  We don't need another one -- heck, there might be too many already (who actually uses the defend button?).

I found the flip-up to be not really necessary. It could be done that if X units of "ground" (the height of the ledge give or take X units) extended in front of the Warframe they would do the Flip-up, but if there was not they would just climb up like normal.

Really that instance you video'd was a very small case, you can still climb on top of those too. Just not in that way.

I found the flip-up to be not really necessary. It could be done that if X units of "ground" (the height of the ledge give or take X units) extended in front of the Warframe they would do the Flip-up, but if there was not they would just climb up like normal.

Really that instance you video'd was a very small case, you can still climb on top of those too. Just not in that way.

You want me to compile another video of all the instances I mean, because I'll do it.

I disagree here.  There are enough button combos to consider just doing the movements you want to do currently.  We don't need another one -- heck, there might be too many already (who actually uses the defend button?).

I use block for interrupting my reload. I'm a compulsive reloader so blocking to interrupt is very key.

You want me to compile another video of all the instances I mean, because I'll do it.

Feel free, my stance essentially is that my gameplay hasn't suffered from these changes. So I am really curious as to why there are so many "slide cooldown = apocalypse" threads popping up. Were people that hyper-wired into the idea of almost teleporting across levels?

I just want proof of an issue because to me what is going on is a whole lot of complaining without much proof. At least you have proof of one instance where this was annoying, and I agree with you. Automating movement is not a good idea. Adding cool animations is great, as long as they do not pull from player control.