Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That Controller Thing Again

Leyline

The WASD for most KB/mouse users moves them around unless left handed I think, shift allows you to run and maybe spacebar jumps usually? The Left analog for gamepad users is our WASD. Moves us around. Our "shift" in this game is pressing the Lstick down it's the same one we use to move, so it would kind of be like needing to press shift + AWD to go forward ASD to go backward WSD for right, perhaps I dunno. so a bit awkward.

To bind the sprint to anything else messes with roll since they are tied together here. I can roll forward, right, left, and backflip depending on the analog direction pressed. it's intuitive and familiar(ps4 players are going to love a lot about this game).

So Keyboard users have 2 speeds of movement wasd to run wasd+shift to sprint. Controller players have three: analog slight + any direction to walk, analog full + any direction to run & Lstick pressed to sprint. The walk seems unnecessary. Most are used to full analog being full speed or sprint. Basically a variable speed control. Like how you aim, slight  makes the camera move slow and full can spin the camera like a top. I think full analog should be sprint and slight should be run. I only use walk for nothing.

Maybe the toggle sprint will sort this out if it gets put into controller keybinds. Since it should make any analog movement full sprint. Before the patch after 1 melee slide or slide roll it would lock us into what seemed like a semi normal gamepad setup/layout. It's not about making it easy mode it's about making it right. Pushing Lstick to sprint while also using it for maneuvers is awkward. We just want our version of wsad not to be the num lock key.