Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Efficiency

Xafei

So after playing a few hours now me and my friends gathered up some points which would make the game a bit less grindy and annoying in some cases. Some of these points might have been suggested alrdy but we made a list and i'll write it down.

Mods:

Mods should be available for every Warframe and Weapon at the same time, people have up to 13 different Warframes and they simply waste time by switching the rare mods like Focus everytime they switch the Frame. Players would just need every Mod once to equip it to all their weapons and Frames and it would aswell decrease the time to upgrade high-level Mods for you can fuse every copy of it into one.

Why would we want that?

-Players would save time (switching Frames and upgrading Mods) and would be less annoyed. (It might just take up to a minute but it's the small things that pile up.)

Sentinels:

1. Sentinels should have either a simple toggle (on/off) or a little menu (Kill everything in vision / Just attack what the Warframe attacks / Idle)

2. Enemy Sense and Thiefs Wit should be converted to Sentinel Mods. (Maybe the elemental resistances as "Auras" aswell?!)

Why would we want that?

1.- Players would get the feeling to actually control the Sentinel and not just have it as mindless extra-damage.

- The Challenge Rewards wouldn't get sabotaged by your own Sentinel and you could actually do the stealthy missions with a Sentinel equipped.

2.- Sentinels are pretty much Drones doing S#&$ for you (dealing dmg and helping you with extra shield or a defensive globe while reviving) so it would fit very well to have the radar Mods for the Sentinels, and to get back to the efficiency, you wouldn't waste a Mod-slot on your Frame. (Most people don't have either equipped and prefer to even "waste" their Artifact slot over Enemy Sense.)

Frameparts:

There should be an option to exchange the grinded/farmed blueprints of the Warframe parts, maybe 5 of one kind are exchangeable for another point and 3 and 3 of 2 different for 1 aswell.

Example: I have 6 Helmets of Ember and 1 Chassis i still need the Systems so I exchange 5 of the helmets for 1 System. Or I have 4 Helmets and 4 Chassis' so i exchange 3 Helmets and 3 Chassis' for 1 System.

Why would we want that?

- It reduces doesn't particulary lower the grinding, but it lowers the Players frustration, you know that you will get to the full Frame even if you just drop 1 part over and over again. I mean it shows that you are willing to grind when you have such amounts of wasted Parts doesn't it?

Microtransactions:

I have been checking the colors for my frame over and over again, i love i got the smoke and the saturated pack but i also want exactly 1 color of the Storm-color-palette so i thought about a way. It would be a bit ridiculous to sell single colors, i am aware of that but why not single columns/rows to put the Micro back in Microtransactions ?Theres 18 rows and 5 columns so when we plainly divide 1column would be 15 Plat which would have every color it a specific brightness, fair deal i think. On the rows it would be 4,17 ( round it up to 5 or down to 4 doesn't really matter no one will brag about 1 plat) for one color in every brightness.

Why would we want that?

- Players/People tend to have their favorite colors or like dark colors better in general, so players could get what they want for a way better price, it would lower the threshold for hundreds of players to buy some cheap colors.

Refund:

Well at first it might sound like a bad idea for DE but let's have a little look into it.

A reduced-Refund of Items bought with Platinum could give the DE far more money than they'd expect. Let's say you can buy stuff with Platinum and you get a 75% Refund if you give it back within 5 days, after that your the refund will drop to 50% and after that to 25%. In any case DE will make profit.

Why would we want that?

- Well Players love to test out stuff before they actually use it. So after buying the Players either keep it and DE gets the full Plat amount or they refund it and DE gets 25-75% for free. Again, people don't like to buy stuff with cash when they have to stick with it even if it sucks for them, so giving them the option to resell it to the game will again lower the threshold by a huge amount.

So thats my point of view after playing for some weeks, have a good time ingame.

Most of this sounds pretty good!  Though I do have a few thoughts on your mod idea and your refund idea.

The mod idea is good and personally I would like it, but the problem is that it makes it so you only have to level one mod if you don't want to deal with the switching.  I suppose it's really not that big of a deal if you do the mod switching but it's still an issue.

Instead of a refund idea, why not give the player the ability to test an item?  For example, you pay X Credits and get a weapon for a time based on how much you pay, let's say 10,000 credits is 6 hours, and 50,000 credits is two days or something.  The weapon would be a test weapon that expires after a certain point, it's level 30 with a catalyst so people don't just abuse this to get mastery rank, and when it expires your mods are kicked off so you keep your mods.

It would let people try out the weapon before buying it at max level, so they can see how good the weapon is for their playstyle.

It's meant to improve the game for both DE and Players and i think if you have those Platinum prices it's okay, if you grind you can even max out the frame/weapon so you get the 3000-6000 mastery points and DE gets some platinum for it depending on how long it takes for you maxing it.

And yes like stated the Mod switching just takes about a minute but it's still annoying especially if you don't do it once and then forget which frame got which Mods on it, just a time killer.

I like most of the ideas, but lets face it. Anything that would reduce farming any in this game won't be implemented... its just not the direction this game is going in apparently.

Id like an ability to somehow detach orokin catalysts or reactors by destroying whatever it's attached to myself, free up some old stuff to make room for new stuff. But I think the limited inventory for frames and weapons are bull to begin with considering how many other things there is to make money off. DE likes to nickel and dime too though and I dont see that changing either.

I like most of the ideas, but lets face it. Anything that would reduce farming any in this game won't be implemented... its just not the direction this game is going in apparently.

Well it doesn't reduce farming, you still want the mods multiple times for efficient upgrading. And for not reducing the grindfest you could make copies worth more for upgrading and make other mods slighty less efficient. I mean, people alrdy just have 1-3 maxed out Mods of one kind and keep switching it while swtching Frames, so they don't farm for those anyways it's just a timekiller.

If you peek at the Refund aswell: They want money over grinding players i mean if someone buys Vauban for 300 and they Refund him they get 75-225 Platinum for free. So for another Purchase of the same price the player needs to buy plat and he is willing to because he knows he can give it back with a bit of loss if he doesn't like it. That's why i also think daily-rewards should have flat Platinum instead of discounts on platinum purchases or even a combination like "Here you get 10-30 Plat and on your next purchase you get 10-30% off", psychology is the key. People like to get discounts but they love to get money in their hands. (Wow thats more than i thought, i might put this in the OP later.)