Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Number Generation

Aprosule

Suppose a program seeds a random number generator with a fixed seed, say 21495. If you run this program again with the same seed, it will produce the same series of results. This is good news for reproducibility and testability, but it might not be the behavior you expect. If this seed is part of a game, players may be disappointed if your game always acts the same way given the same moves. A common remedy for this situation is to have your program set the seed from the system clock when the program is launched or when the game begins.

Does WARFRAME use the system clock to influence your personal RNG for mods?  If so, that makes it exploitable via spoofing your system clock while having a thorough understanding of the RNG tables.  You could modify your chances for a certain drop...

Nah, they have their game set up with Random.org. Since it uses atmospheric noise fed into the computer to push out a number, it's pretty close to true random.

Just kidding, although I sure hope that this isn't the case. I doubt it would be, because it's a pretty obvious oversight.

although I sure hope that this isn't the case. I doubt it would be, because it's a pretty obvious oversight.

That's why I'm bringing it up.  I do hope that DE's tendency towards oversight is absent in this matter.  I prefer to have my games fair :3