Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Ought To Be Common But...

matrixEXO

AI running their soldiers into fire then proceeding to die on the fire. Storage containers that seems to have a total weakness to fire. I don't get the whole fire stage when this happens, always. I just never commented on it until now.

AI needs to be smarter on this current level of difficulty. They need to stop running into fire all the time and suiciding. I actually saw a Grineer Commander take cover behind an object with burning matter underneath him. Needless to say, he resigned from his post without me doing anything. I don't want smarter AI when difficulty option comes out that can finally avoid fire (if it were ever coded), I want the smarter AI right now at every single difficulty setting. At least, make sure they don't walk into the fire like it was some kind of sacred ritual.

Storage containers are kind of interesting and annoying. Go to a fire stage (especially the current Gallion tileset) and you will see some storage containers in the map burst open long before you got there. Is it me or did they not make the storage containers out of metal. At the very least, give them unique properties of not being able to take fire damage. Or better yet, taking prolonged 0 fire damage causes them to explode due to high pressure within upon destruction.

Fire stage is currently the least of my favorite so far because of these things. Thank gods they are rare. Oh, and ice stages are much much better than the fire stages.

Edited by matrixEXO

Well, at least someone actually likes the ice stages.

Making AI run into fire is fun though. If they are super smart, they'd just lock down every single room that the Tenno is in, wait until the we get tired opening locked rooms and extract half-way through the mission.

Smart AI doesn't necessarily make for fun encounters for the players.

Well, at least someone actually likes the ice stages.

Making AI run into fire is fun though. If they are super smart, they'd just lock down every single room that the Tenno is in, wait until the we get tired opening locked rooms and extract half-way through the mission.

Smart AI doesn't necessarily make for fun encounters for the players.

At least smart AIs that avoid fire. Not smart AIs that do wondrous things like locking us in for every single room we enter into.

It's much more immersive when they avoid fires actively rather than running on fire and suiciding while we call it a day.

Edited by matrixEXO

I want smarter AI. Period. The issue with implementing this right now is that lack of actual enemy variety. By the way, having an enemy with a different weapon is not variety if both weapons just shoot different bullets.

DE is getting better, and adding new and interesting enemies into the game. Adding intelligence that makes the game fun will only improve the game.

I want smarter AI. Period. The issue with implementing this right now is that lack of actual enemy variety. By the way, having an enemy with a different weapon is not variety if both weapons just shoot different bullets.

DE is getting better, and adding new and interesting enemies into the game. Adding intelligence that makes the game fun will only improve the game.

You don't get the point of my post. I want smarter AI too. But at the very least, make the current AI smart enough to AVOID THE FREAKING FIRE!

Edited by matrixEXO

You don't get the point of my post. I want smarter AI too. But at the very least, make the current AI smart enough to AVOID THE FREAKING FIRE!

That's what I figured. I understood your post, I promise. I was just extrapolated the potential of more intelligent AI.

How is that not getting your post? I want AI to be smart enough to not stand in the fire too.

That's what I figured. I understood your post, I promise. I was just extrapolated the potential of more intelligent AI.

How is that not getting your post? I want AI to be smart enough to not stand in the fire too.

By extrapolating it into what it shouldn't be, you made a topic of conversation become a different matter altogether. Certainly the AI will become better (with the difficulty option) but how better, no one knows. I wish that it would be better than what we have currently.

Edited by matrixEXO

By extrapolating it into what it shouldn't be, you made a topic of conversation become a different matter altogether. Certainly the AI will become better (with the difficulty option) but how better, no one knows. I wish that it would be better than what we have currently.

I'm sorry. I've clearly offended you. I don't know exactly what I did, but it seems that all I can do is apologize and let you be.

I agree with you, and that is what I wanted to tell you. Please don't become hostile and accuse me of taking this conversation in the wrong direction. I was voicing my opinion.

I'm sorry. I've clearly offended you. I don't know exactly what I did, but it seems that all I can do is apologize and let you be.

I agree with you, and that is what I wanted to tell you. Please don't become hostile and accuse me of taking this conversation in the wrong direction. I was voicing my opinion.

No, you didn't offend me nor did I take it that way. And I wasn't trying to be hostile... unless I sentenced it that way by accident.

It's just that when people start talking about something related by so far off the beaten path, I start to ask why they talk about something so different from what I was talking.

Edited by matrixEXO

I was talking about the AI and the need to make it more intelligent and able to deal with more possible situations. How is that different than what you were talking about?

You want the AI to be smart enough to not stand in fire and burn to death, or stand behind an explosive barrel. You also said they shouldn't run from out of cover, again something I agreed with and just went to the next step and said they should be able to deal with even more than that.

I'm arguing the same points you are.

Edited by Aizeol

I was talking about the AI and the need to make it more intelligent and able to deal with more possible situations. How is that different than what you were talking about?

You want the AI to be smart enough to not stand in fire and burn to death, or stand behind an explosive barrel. You also said they shouldn't run from out of cover, again something I agreed with and just went to the next step and said they should be able to deal with even more than that.

I'm arguing the same points you are.

I was reading it as that you wanted more intelligent AI that can react with each other unit to create a massive hivemind-like combat scenario. Like what I read before about someone who's topic was about having more units and each unit type do something as a group to create a squadron-like effect. What part did I get this? From the part where you said "...lack of actual enemy variety.". Or did I read it wrong? If so, my bad.

BTW, I was griping on the fact that they took cover on an area immolated with fire. Which obviously is very bad for them, not us. Then again, (off topic) their cover usage system seems to be quite bad especially with objects that are curved here and there.

Edited by matrixEXO

You did read my post wrong. Just being blunt about that.

I didn't want a hivemind, I just want smarter enemies. Enemies that don't run out of cover if they can only shoot at me. Enemies that don't take cover while being roasted. When I mentioned a lack of enemy variety, I meant that there are just a lot of dudes with guns. A few have melee weapons, but basically everything just uses a gun, and that gets boring.

We don't need giant creatures, or vehicles, but how about units that try and help their allies instead. This is for another topic, but that is what I was hinting at since the main focus was their intelligence.

Again, I want smarter enemies that do something besides duck in fire and run at me while I shoot them like wooden ducks.

You did read my post wrong. Just being blunt about that.

I didn't want a hivemind, I just want smarter enemies. Enemies that don't run out of cover if they can only shoot at me. Enemies that don't take cover while being roasted. When I mentioned a lack of enemy variety, I meant that there are just a lot of dudes with guns. A few have melee weapons, but basically everything just uses a gun, and that gets boring.

We don't need giant creatures, or vehicles, but how about units that try and help their allies instead. This is for another topic, but that is what I was hinting at since the main focus was their intelligence.

Again, I want smarter enemies that do something besides duck in fire and run at me while I shoot them like wooden ducks.

My bad then, sorry.

Yeah, smarter AI that can do a myriad of things would be good. The AI symbiosis happens to be shown in Shield + "Other Grineer" but apparently not fleshed out. See them open their shields to fire at you. Bam, you win! That is part of smart-dumb AI system that needs to be improved. Also, more than 1 Shields should form a line. That way, it would make battle even more interesting. Lastly, we should not be able to get headshots unless they deliberately open their shields or are below us.

Those Shields needs improvement to be the core of the current Grineer foundation. Shields for life! Hail Shields! Hail Shields! Hail Shields!

Edited by matrixEXO

I don't know, I agree that the shield lancers should be looked at, but we are limited as players in our response to them. Granted, you should just put puncture on a weapon and fire through the shield which makes them laughably easy.

What I want to see is enemies that are there solely to make the rest of the enemies harder to defeat for a myriad of reasons. Granted, that has nothing to do with intelligence. That would be having a shield lancer always in front because the rest of the grineer are hiding behind him. You know, like police with riot shields.

Another point would be to have enemies look and act more threatening so the players focus on them which would open up a flank from the grineer/corpus. That wouldn't even need new enemies, just a tricky spawn situation.

@matrix

No worries by the way, I probably wasn't as clear as I could have been.

I don't know, I agree that the shield lancers should be looked at, but we are limited as players in our response to them. Granted, you should just put puncture on a weapon and fire through the shield which makes them laughably easy.

What I want to see is enemies that are there solely to make the rest of the enemies harder to defeat for a myriad of reasons. Granted, that has nothing to do with intelligence. That would be having a shield lancer always in front because the rest of the grineer are hiding behind him. You know, like police with riot shields.

Another point would be to have enemies look and act more threatening so the players focus on them which would open up a flank from the grineer/corpus. That wouldn't even need new enemies, just a tricky spawn situation.

But after their buff per my suggestion, then puncture becomes sort of viable as an option to tackle a situation and not a useless mod because you can aim the head so easily. So, I'm seeing it both as an advantage to promote the use of a mod as well as improve the gameplay so DE could get a win-win scenario in this. Granted, more enemy types means more combat variety but brushing up existing AI and units would do more justice in getting them to fit better into the game rather than be cannon fodder except bosses who are bullet sponges.

Oh, and aren't tricky spawn situations the Corpus kind of thing?

Edited by matrixEXO

But after their buff per my suggestion, then puncture becomes sort of viable as an option to tackle a situation and not a useless mod because you can aim the head so easily. So, I'm seeing it both as an advantage to promote the use of a mod as well as improve the gameplay so DE could get a win-win scenario in this. Granted, more enemy types means more combat variety but brushing up existing AI and units would do more justice in getting them to fit better into the game rather than be cannon fodder except bosses who are bullet sponges.

Oh, and aren't tricky spawn situations the Corpus kind of thing?

Well yeah, corpus have spawners all around, but I meant it more as a dev tool. Just have a situation where enemies try to get the attention of the players and after a couple seconds launch like 10-25 melee enemies from both sides.

That'll keep the players on their toes since it means they can't just focus in one direction anymore.

Again, all in favor of smarter AI in general.