Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't launch the game after hotfix 18.5.5

JohnTheGreen

My game was running fine and dandy for a couple months now, up until yesterday (Thursday, March 8) afternoon when Hotfix 18.5.5 came out.  I expected this to be no big deal: I restart, and finish the other sortie missions like I was planning on.

Wrong.  I updated, and now whenever I attempt to launch the game, it crashes just before the login screen.  I hit play on the launcher, the window opens, I see the Inaros load screen with the white bar along the bottom, the bar fills, and then "Warframe has crashed!" and I go through the error report submit process.

I've found numerous (ancient) posts with an issue similar to this, but all suggest turning off something like 64bit mode, or DirectX 11, or DirectX 10... all of which I have had off from the very beginning.  I have not found any post that says to set settings to anything other than what I already have.  I have also verified and optimized the cache in the launcher multiple times, but to no avail.

I can provide more detailed information if someone can tell me what information it would be helpful to provide.

If it helps, this is part of what it says when it crashes:

Error [Info]: Crash Message:
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]:     GPF in 00D738BF() [????????.???:0]
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Stack Trace:
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]:     Warframe.exe  00D738BF
Error [Info]:     Warframe.exe  004A34BC
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Build Label:
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]:     2016.03.08.17.57 Retail Windows x86
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Registers:
Error [Info]: EAX=00001F80 EBX=0419EC20 ECX=041BE9C0 EDX=00000001
Error [Info]: ESI=041BE9A4 EDI=041BE9C0 EBP=00000004 ESP=041BE9CC EIP=115CB85F
Error [Info]: FLG=00010246 CS=0023 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0063 GS=006B

Application error messages:
Background.lua
PlayCameraTransition
Background.lua
ForceClearChildMovie
ContextAction.lua
Update
Background.lua
Update

Edited by JohnTheGreen

Same. However I'm running under Wineskin Winery. Using Windows XP environment and Engine: Staging-1.9.5

Error log:

Spoiler

Error [Info]: Crash Message:
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: GPF in 00D738BF() [????????.???:0]
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Stack Trace:
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Warframe.exe 00D738BF
Error [Info]: Warframe.exe 004A34BC
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Build Label:
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: 2016.03.08.17.57 Retail Windows x86
Error [Info]:
Error [Info]: Registers:
Error [Info]: EAX=00001FB2 EBX=04043A10 ECX=040639F0 EDX=00000001
Error [Info]: ESI=040639D4 EDI=040639F0 EBP=00000004 ESP=040639FC EIP=30F6C673
Error [Info]: FLG=00010246 CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=104F GS=000F

Application error messages:
Background.lua
PlayCameraTransition
Background.lua
ForceClearChildMovie
ContextAction.lua
Update
Background.lua
Update

2 hours ago, Prototype_X9 said:

Fixed. If you are running winetricks, download the updated versions of vcrun.

Attached in screenshotScreen_Shot_2016_03_12_at_9_42_47_PM.png

It worked!  Your screenshot doesn't seem to want to load for me, so first I installed vcrun2013, which didn't work, then I installed vcrun2010, vcrun2012, vcrun6, and vcrun6sp6, and now it works! :D

51 minutes ago, JohnTheGreen said:

It worked!  Your screenshot doesn't seem to want to load for me, so first I installed vcrun2013, which didn't work, then I installed vcrun2010, vcrun2012, vcrun6, and vcrun6sp6, and now it works! :D

My winetricks can't find vcrun2012 package. I'm also running wine 1.6.2 I think. Should I get higher version to retry?

45 minutes ago, PhantasmalWraith said:

My winetricks can't find vcrun2012 package. I'm also running wine 1.6.2 I think. Should I get higher version to retry?

I needed to get the newest version of winetricks to show the new version of vcrun.

You can get the newest version here:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks

I can confirm after installing all the versions of vcrun I was able to get past the issue and log in and play.

Graphics problems, mostly, with some hitching that may or may not be because of the network issues lately. Basically, things in the environment turn bright technicolor and images from the interface will switch around, like Mirage's portrait in place of the Classic Saturated preview.  It's playable, but incredibly aggravating.

legor17, I suggest you use a winestaging engine. I'm using winestaging 1.9.5 and you don't necessarily need the "required libs"

It provides easier load up of directx dlls, and with checking the "csmt" enabled in the "staging bar" in wineconfig, your graphics ingame will drastically improve with little to no graphic loss. Additionally, slight game freezes may disappear or stabilize at a quicker rate.

On linux, you are able to download Wine from https://www.winehq.org and use it to port and redesign windows apps to Linux. On Mac, you can use playonmac, winebottler, wineskin etc. to run windows apps. I suggest you look it up and google Wine yourself. 

In the case lately, we either download vcrun from the official Windows site, or use Winetricks to add it into our packaged app or wrapper.

27 minutes ago, ToaPhantom said:

I'm using a mac. i don't know to do this stuff for my wineskin.
When i try to download the code thing on the Winetricks wiki page. It just goes into a browser tab with a ton of codes

Could you show an image?

You are certain you are using Wineskin to port your apps right? Because you don't access winetricks from the site. You access it within your wineskin app within your packaged app.

My instructions in the screenshots go from your packaged app, assuming you've already created a wrapper from your wineskin [porting] app from wineskin.urgesoftware.com

Spoiler

1. Screen_Shot_2016_03_14_at_4_36_44_PM.png

2. Screen_Shot_2016_03_14_at_4_37_14_PM.png

3. Screen_Shot_2016_03_14_at_4_37_34_PM.png

4. Screen_Shot_2016_03_14_at_4_38_45_PM.png

Sorry for large pictures...