Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If I'm Trying To Jump - Please Make My Character Jump.

OriKlein

Greetings.

At times it is difficult to scale objects that it would otherwise feel natural to and to do so seamlessly.

I submit that if the surface in contact does not support wall-running, for whatever reason the engine decides to interpret it as so, whence the player attempt to jump onto it that the game will simply make the avatar jump.

Not ignore the jump command, not send the player tumbling onto a roll. Simply - Jump.

Example:

In the following image there is nothing, nothing at all, to prevent me from simply making a small leap upwards and over the hatch. Were only the game to acknowledge my pressing of the jump key as simply my desire to perform a jump.

whycantscale.jpg

Best Regards,

I'll give you a vote because every other thread I've seen on this topic has been avoided. The worst is those knee-high walls that you can't jump while moving forward.... have to come to a complete stop, jump, then move forward (traffic police!). Extremely frustrating to not just hop over it like a normal person, even sans-ninja.

I think it's something to do with the terrain angle and terrain tile set.

For instance, on that same tile set one can't crouch jump from the slope just to the left above you. Drove me crazy that I couldn't get on that platform from there.

They srsly need to work on parkour, specially jumping as its very laggy.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I'll give you a vote because every other thread I've seen on this topic has been avoided. The worst is those knee-high walls that you can't jump while moving forward.... have to come to a complete stop, jump, then move forward (traffic police!). Extremely frustrating to not just hop over it like a normal person, even sans-ninja.

Knee-high walls: The ninja's worst enemy

This. This very much. I remember snapping and screaming at the game because it wouldn't let me jump at those barriers with any forward momentum whatsoever. Even after you stop you still have to wait like a full second (for the complete stop) before you can, then you do a sad little stationary leap. It's not ninja-like at all.