Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Research Material Drop Segregation By Tileset And Faction

matrixEXO

Have you ever gotten Detonite Ampules from a Corpus and asked "WTF!?" or how an Infested drops Fieldrons? This is the topic at hand and how to address this minor yet strange thing.

Currently, any single mob in the sector drops so and so items, irregardless of the faction type or tileset. This means that Detonite Ampules can be obtained from any faction and tileset in the sector no matter what.

What I would like to see is a more faction-based material drop system, much more than the current version. If you were in a Grineer Gallion and were fighting Infested, you should be able to get Detonite Ampules only from the containers and lockers while the Infested drops Mutagen Mass instead. Same applies to any and all tilesets and factions with the exception of the Infested-controlled planets until they get their tilesets.

Granted, this might mean that during a faction swap, your farming of Detonite Ampules or Fieldrons would greatly drop but it would bring a more immersive feel to it rather than "Oh, Grineer ship and Grineer enemies... but Mutagen Mass?"

Edited by matrixEXO

I agree with this suggestion as long as it is restricted to research resources. It isn't really a major issue, but each faction dropping their respective "unique" tech resources would add to the immersion. However, it would perhaps require a big change to the current planet-based drop system, and this could mean quite some work for the devs (I'm not a programmer, so I can't know).

I agree with this suggestion as long as it is restricted to research resources. It isn't really a major issue, but each faction dropping their respective "unique" tech resources would add to the immersion. However, it would perhaps require a big change to the current planet-based drop system, and this could mean quite some work for the devs (I'm not a programmer, so I can't know).

Oh, need to edit title. HAHA! I would have made people's eyes roll otherwise.

Also, yes it would mean a lot of work.

Edited by matrixEXO