Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Buffing Bosses

BoompigXD

A lot of the bosses need a buff so first i'll go over the ones that really need a buff and then i'll gradually tackle more bosses.

Sgt. Nef Anyo Get rid of his weakness to electricity, and buff his fire rate or his damage, also make him throw grenades everywhere and allow him to summon an osprey (like the Corpus Tech). If you are going to keep his fire rate the same give him a sort of stealth aspect where he will hide in storage containers or lockers and set traps to kill you (such as stun traps to stun you so he can get in some shots) this would add awareness to the fight, he already has a cloak too so i see this fitting him.

Ambulas He's supposed to be fast so lets add to that fastness of his instead of just a single kick he will multi-kick you with incredible speed and roundhouse kick you away. Also make him zoom around the field so he's hard to hit only stopping to shoot.

General Sargas Ruk He's a General so maybe we can have abilities that fit that. Generals normally take command of a lot of troops so give him the ability to summon a CRAP TON of troops to attack you. He'll already have this squadron when you start the fight and his squad will consist of Two Heavy Gunners, 2 Napalms,30 Lancers, 10 Shield Lancers,20 Troopers, 10 Flameblades, and 40 Sawmen. Have his Barrier give bullets fire damage when they pass through. Remember guys these are only suggestions, add your own if you want.

Golem

He is slow and has poor accuracy and range. He should be able to absorb what's around him like other infested and storage containers. The more he absorbs the larger he gets and the more poison nodes he's able to shoot at a time. He could also separate forming a punch of Infested units that swarm you and try to kill you before regrouping again. 

I'll tackle more bosses in the future so i'll let you know when that happens

Edited by BoompigXD

I don't have any ability to think right now (i think), because it's damn late here, but oh ... Bosses seriously need buffs. I know that there is a "single player mode" but i think that bosses should be out of it. You want to kill boss ? You have to part with someone to kill it or you're not gonna make it.

This is how it should be. If we want any challenge, we need it. But also, we need am .. hmm ... "tactical" bosses ? I mean, when you have to do specific action to be able survive, for example "You're in boss room, where floor is moving and under it there is a lava. You fall, you die" something like that). I think it could bring much more to Warframe if we had something like that. MOAR ACTION ; ]

Because well, uh... Look WE ARE NINJA. As it is now, we just stand in one place, or run around, around, around, around, around boss (without need of jumping or any other action beside running) ... This is kind of ... hmm .. Lame ? Yeah ; /

I like the idea we have in Void (traps). Why not implement traps in boss rooms too ? I could be more than happy if i activated some kind of cannon that will shoot at me from somewhere :P Or ... or .. If rocks started to fall from a ceiling and we have to take cover for 5 sec if not we are good as dead :D

Aww ... Sorry i write too much and yet my english is not brilliant but i will do my best so you can actualy understand everything :P

Edited by Anzark

Sgt. Nef Anyo

"Get rid of his weakness to electricity"

No, because then he wouldn't really be Corpus anymore.

"buff his fire rate"

No, because he is using the Lanka. -.- It wouldn't fit.

"allow him to summon an osprey (like the Corpus Tech)"

Unnecessary with all the Techs and Ospreys that like to run up and join the fight since the arena is open to it.

Also, he makes no sense to buff. He's a Sergeant. It doesn't even make sense for him to be a boss at that rank.

I don't have any ability to think right now (i think), because it's damn late here, but oh ... Bosses seriously need buffs. I know that there is a "single player mode" but i think that bosses should be out of it. You want to kill boss ? You have to part with someone to kill it or you're not gonna make it.

This is how it should be. If we want any challenge, we need it. But also, we need am .. hmm ... "tactical" bosses ? I mean, when you have to do specific action to be able survive, for example "You're in boss room, where floor is moving and under it there is lava. You fall, you die" something like that). I think it could bring much more to Warframe if we had something like that. MOAR ACTION ; ]

Because well, uh... Look WE ARE NINJA. As it is now, we just stand in one place, or run around, around, around, around, around boss (without need of jumping or any other action beside running) ... This is kind of ... hmm .. Lame ? Yeah ; /

No we should definitely be able to run bosses solo. Some people don't like rushers ya know...

I would like to see a higher difficulty level myself.

my idea should be a fairly simple one too.

A new button on the solar system screen that just reads "T1,T2,T3" etc.

T1 = as it is now

T2 = mercury would now be level 30-40 and scale up from planet to planet with pluto ending around level 100

T3= mercury 100+

of course normal loot drops, boss and mission loot tables would need to be adjusted and hopefully a good amount of new items/ mods exclusive to the new tiers.

Edited by John0ates

General statement: If bosses continue to be buffed, the need to farm them needs to be reduced to balance the changes. We already have to farm bosses many, many times to get what we are looking for. Increasing their difficulty, and therefore the times required to kill them, will make this an even greater pain in the neck for most players. So, if they get buffed, then the drop rate on the boss specific items need to be vastly increased to compensate. This would make it far more enjoyable and worth the time.

You'd sacrifice Challenge and enjoyment for lore and sense?

Die

Absolutely. But I didn't say it can't be challenging and enjoyable. But it needs to be in line with what exists.

A lot of the bosses need a buff so first i'll go over the ones that really need a buff and then i'll gradually tackle more bosses.

Sgt. Nef Anyo

Get rid of his weakness to electricity, and buff his fire rate or his damage, also make him throw grenades everywhere and allow him to summon an osprey (like the Corpus Tech). If you are going to keep his fire rate the same give him a sort of stealth aspect where he will hide and set traps to kill you (such as stun traps to stun you so he can get in some shots) this would add awareness to the fight, he already has a cloak too so i see this fitting him.

Ambulas

He's supposed to be fast so lets add to that fastness of his instead of just a single kick he will multi-kick you with incredible speed and roundhouse kick you away. Also make him zoom around the field so he's hard to hit only stopping to shoot.

Remember guys these are only suggestions, add your own if you want. I'll tackle more bosses in the future so i'll let you know when that happens

I can't speak for either of those, since I almost never fight them, but I have been fighting Sargas Ruk quite a bit lately, and he is stupidly easy for me. Seriously, even with the room being packed with Grineer, I blaze through them and the boss without breaking a sweat, and that's on Solo. Add in other team members, and he might as well not be a boss, but just another heavy unit.

General statement: If bosses continue to be buffed, the need to farm them needs to be reduced to balance the changes. We already have to farm bosses many, many times to get what we are looking for. Increasing their difficulty, and therefore the times required to kill them, will make this an even greater pain in the neck for most players. So, if they get buffed, then the drop rate on the boss specific items need to be vastly increased to compensate. This would make it far more enjoyable and worth the time.I agree with this they should also get rid of blue resources in boss loot tables

Absolutely. But I didn't say it can't be challenging and enjoyable. But it needs to be in line with what exists.Even then what does his military rank have to do with anything? He's a Sniper and he appears to be the big boss so why not give him those changes and say screw the Lore. Besides, we could just buff his rank.

No we should definitely be able to run bosses solo. Some people don't like rushers ya know...

I always say it and i will say it again. Find clan, play with ppl which don't rush. Profit ?

I would like to see a higher difficulty level myself.

my idea should be a fairly simple one too.

A new button on the solar system screen that just reads "T1,T2,T3" etc.

T1 = as it is now

T2 = mercury would now be level 30-40 and scale up from planet to planet with pluto ending around level 100

T3= mercury 100+

of course normal loot drops, boss and mission loot tables would need to be adjusted and hopefully a good amount of new items/ mods for the exclusive to the new tiers.

It's not only about making them harder. It's that they are way to easy.What you said it's nice, but it change nothing, expect you wasting more than one minute to kill it.

Edited by Anzark

I can't speak for either of those, since I almost never fight them, but I have been fighting Sargas Ruk quite a bit lately, and he is stupidly easy for me. Seriously, even with the room being packed with Grineer, I blaze through them and the boss without breaking a sweat, and that's on Solo. Add in other team members, and he might as well not be a boss, but just another heavy unit.

I'll make him my next buff suggestion.

Interesting. When a friend and I first faced him, it took us like 10 minutes because of his shield recharge.

Here in lies the problem: The bosses are set at a certain level. When you pass that level, they become easy and you want more of a challenge. But when you are at their level, or below it, they are quite difficult. Heck, first time I faced Captain Vor I died. So, being able to adjust the difficulty to your own setting is a great idea. But buffing across the bored is the fastest way to discourage new players from ever getting past Mercury.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Bosses currently do not feel like bosses. The only one close to that feeling is ​the Hyena.

The bosses need new moves, new skills. They need either a horde of minion support or to be something more than a bullet sponge that doesn't even work.

I agree with this they should also get rid of blue resources in boss loot table

Even then what does his military rank have to do with anything? He's a Sniper and he appears to be the big boss so why not give him those changes and say screw the Lore. Besides, we could just buff his rank.

The rank was just a secondary observation. It really should be increased. As for other changes, new gameplay mechanics are great, but as with my previous comment, the challenge can't be bumped too high without making lower level players quit or just have to grind to even have a chance at the boss.

The rank was just a secondary observation. It really should be increased. As for other changes, new gameplay mechanics are great, but as with my previous comment, the challenge can't be bumped too high without making lower level players quit or just have to grind to even have a chance at the boss.

Maybe we could have a difficulty setting?

Interesting. When a friend and I first faced him, it took us like 10 minutes because of his shield recharge.

Here in lies the problem: The bosses are set at a certain level. When you pass that level, they become easy and you want more of a challenge. But when you are at their level, or below it, they are quite difficult. Heck, first time I faced Captain Vor I died. So, being able to adjust the difficulty to your own setting is a great idea. But buffing across the bored is the fastest way to discourage new players from ever getting past Mercury.

You do have a point there.. But even when I was around his level, he was fairly easy for me to defeat.  The only boss that really gave me any trouble was the sniper one, but that was only because I was seriously underleveled because I had just started leveling a new frame.

Also, Golem is crazy easy, even if you are low leveled. All you have to do is keep a certain distance, and he can't touch you. As far as I know, he doesn't even rush you like Ancients do, so he is even easier to evade because of that. But if he did rush, all you would need is a frost mod, and that solves that. I'd like to see Golem have increased mobility and range for his poison grenades.

You do have a point there.. But even when I was around his level, he was fairly easy for me to defeat.  The only boss that really gave me any trouble was the sniper one, but that was only because I was seriously underleveled because I had just started leveling a new frame.

Also, Golem is crazy easy, even if you are low leveled. All you have to do is keep a certain distance, and he can't touch you. As far as I know, he doesn't even rush you like Ancients do, so he is even easier to evade because of that. But if he did rush, all you would need is a frost mod, and that solves that. I'd like to see Golem have increased mobility and range for his poison grenades.

I'll have the Golem Buff up next first i want to see people's feedback and suggestions on the first three bosses

(Don't be afraid to post your own suggestions about the bosses i cover guys!)

Edited by BoompigXD

Maybe we could have a difficulty setting?

Exactly. Pretty sure they're already working on that.

Also, here's a constructive idea for his osprey: Could make it similar to the Fusion MOA's, deploying once he reaches low enough health. Have it be harder to kill than regular Ospreys and have some sort of special attack or ability (not shield since boss shields are pretty good already, IMO). Heck, have him deploy a few. I'd say it does actually make sense, because a sniper would logically have some sort of back up, which is a role perfectly filled by an Osprey.

Exactly. Pretty sure they're already working on that.

Also, here's a constructive idea for his osprey: Could make it similar to the Fusion MOA's, deploying once he reaches low enough health. Have it be harder to kill than regular Ospreys and have some sort of special attack or ability (not shield since boss shields are pretty good already, IMO). Heck, have him deploy a few. I'd say it does actually make sense, because a sniper would logically have some sort of back up, which is a role perfectly filled by an Osprey.

Good thinking. Also thoughts on my Ruk suggestion is it a bit much?

Edited by BoompigXD

Golem is they boss getting massive changes next major update. They've shown his new design and said he's getting huge changes to mechanics.

But I agree, he sucks as is. I beat him pretty easily the first time I faced him. Hardest part was the 5 Ancient Disruptors as well as Healers that were hanging around him.

Good thinking. Also thoughts on my Ruk suggestion is it a bit much?

Seems like it would be a bit much for lower leveled players, but sounds about right for me! XD

Golem is they boss getting massive changes next major update. They've shown his new design and said he's getting huge changes to mechanics.

But I agree, he sucks as is. I beat him pretty easily the first time I faced him. Hardest part was the 5 Ancient Disruptors as well as Healers that were hanging around him.

Ah... I haven't been looking around on what the devs have had to say about planned updates, so I missed that. I did see the new design floating around at some point, though, but I thought that was a purely cosmetic design.

As for the last line... I never see any Ancients around when fighting him. Always just a few chargers, leapers, and runners, and not even many of em. I would welcome the challenge of having to fave Golem and 5 Disruptors at the same time. XD

Another boss to be updated would be Tyl Regor. If I remember correctly he's supposed to be the guy that is in charge of advancing Grineer cybernetics. So....shouldn't he have some advance prototypes? At least special abilities. Right now, he is the most boring boss. He's mid tier (level 18-20 I think?) and all he does is melee and run a bit faster than normal units. Even Vor has his teleport. If any boss is a nothing more than a bullet sponge, it's Regor.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r