Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Ninja Difficulty

YummyBubbles

So I've been watching the livestreams and the Devs have been talking about having a toggle-able difficulty option to make the game harder but increase rewards. My thoughts after playing the game: NINJA DIFFICULTY!!

It would be hard mode, but with the HUD turned off, meaning that besides what you may see on your screen, you have no idea what's going on around you.

You can't see health, shield, minimap, ammo, damage done, damage received, either meter, or your targeting reticle

Therefore your ability to play is based on how well you know maps, your ability to scope out an area for enemies effectively, and complete resource management, which means knowing your frame and weapons perfectly.

Of course this would result in a large bonus on rewards, but still. I played without a hud today and it was a lot more challenging when I realized that conservation of well......everything was key XD.

what're your guys thoughts?

Give this mode slight indicators for shields, ammo, and HP. Nothing major, but a blue glow around the Frame for shields (stronger glow, more shields), a small bar on the weapon that is full on full and empty on empty (energy colored, so make that black on a black weapon for more challenge) and maybe different idle animations for health (stand tall and proud, effectively unhurt, slumped a bit 50-80%, holding a wound 20-50%, barely standing <20%)

How did you remove the HUD?

And in my opinion it'd just be better to have some small indicator, requiring you to pay attention in battle (especially the shields) instead of just guessing. Especially since, on high RoF guns ammo consumption can be really wack. My Dual Vipers fire anywhere from 1-5 shots with one click.

Way overboard, this is a game. Yea sure no UI sounds cool, but with a harder difficulty it would have harder opponent's. Which could potentially 2-3 shot you. So having no health bar or shields is still useless in the sense you're going to die from 3 hits. Just an example. My thought is less ammo, less power dropped by mob's and mob's have more health. That is as far as id go with difficulties. Just my thought, as it is in every game. UI turn off is a vanity thing, just more exciting and cool to show off.

Edited by Blackopz

and you have to survive until then :D, besides I've had the game glitch out the minimap and I've had to find the exit before, with all the locked doors, they do direct you to the points needed fairly well. It wouldn't be that bad, it just extends a 5-7 minute mission into a 10-15 minute mission

p.s. it would actually kinda suck on void missions, those places are HUUUGGGEEE!! but still, the substantial increase in reward would be worth it

bumpity bump

Edited by Codekid