Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Recent Movement Change's (Re: Toggles And Foward Roll)

OvrTehBottm

First off, thank you DE for implementing both the Crouch and Sprint toggles.  They have allowed me for the first time in Warframe to have even a modicum of mobility through special moves.  You may or may not be aware, but there is at least one disabled player and the special movement abilities were inaccessible prior to the toggles.  It should be understood that players with Physical mobility issues, such as Quadriplegia, are unable to utilize more then two keyboard keys at any moment.  Simply because they can only use one finger from each hand to press a Key.  Try adding the mouse to attack and suddenly something simple like the sliding attack is impossible. Now with the Toggle system in place, many if not all the special movements are accessible to people such as myself.  So once again, Thank You for implementing the toggles.

Unfortunately, you have also implemented the forward roll on ledges.  This forward roll negates one of the single most useful aspects of the Toggle Sprint, climbing walls and back flipping onto a platform.  The issue that occurs now is that as soon as the Tenno lands on the platform, it immediately rolls forward off said platform.  The only way to keep this forward roll from occurring is by using 'hold to sprint' to climb the wall, which as was previously mentioned is impossible for many players.  This is an unfortunately result of the Toggle Sprint.

There is a simple solution.  Please implement a Toggle Forward Roll option.  This will then allow your physically disabled player base to once again climb walls and do special mobility moves.  The solution is quite simple and benefits everyone, not just the physically disabled.

First off Id like to say that you have my condolences dude. But I too have certain issues with toggle sprint, though I never considered the effects of such things for the disabled. Wish there was more thought put into such simple "automated" stuff like that for people who play with disabilities though, more options to customize your controls and such. I did note they took out the roll for most stuff when using the hold for sprint, and actually wish I had an option somehow to get it back since I got used to the way it was and liked it for the most part.

Also good on you dude for helping out in the beta, I hope the Dev team take a good look at your post to consider opening up more customization options for the controls.

+1

I too dislike the forward roll on ledges.  It does look cool and in some cases, it is even helpful, but I feel much less in control of the way my frame performs the cool parkour moves.