Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginning To Regret Putting Money Into This Game

TheElderLulz

The constant 'nerfing' Which is just making everything enjoyable about the game a bore, slowing us down, making it so I must craft everything or buy more platinum, turning crafting into a true grindfest. Feels a lot like it's turning into Blacklight: Retribution here.

That and the community is turning to absolute sh*t, all everyone does now is fight and whinge about other people's play styles and how terrible DE or defends them like there some kind of God, I personally think it's becoming upsetting watching this community rage at one other and rage at the game they've created by crying NEEEERRRF at everything.

You can't just adhere to one group of people, so far this is all that seems to be happening, I'd love to rant on there is so much more to be said but seriously, It's getting bad here folks.

I'm sorry for you bro. I understand when you give hard earned money for something, which more or less does not live up to your hopes. I was hooked up in the beginning, now however I'm waiting for my copy of Mass Effect 3, since my friends are having hell of a good time, and I intend to join them in the multiplayer. True, there are micro transactions too (BioWare points), but at least they are not for potatoes, nor for powering up your suit with reactors and God knows what else. That's what has been demolishing my interest towards this game. Every freaking thing that benefits growing in EXP and items costs platinum. The last straw was when I found myself out of inventory slots. Paying for more room? Yeah right...
DE got something going, right now I found myself logging in only to see what price will I hit, then I make one round of... whatever type of game and leave, because - boredom.
My respect goes for every one that gave a chunk of his income.

Edited by Gungrave_8

I'm sorry for you bro. I understand when you give hard earned money for something, which more or less does not live up to your hopes. I was hooked up in the beginning, now however I'm waiting for my copy of Mass Effect 3, since my friends are having hell of a good time, and I intend to join them in the multiplayer. True, there are too micro transactions (BioWare points), but at least they are not for potatoes, nor for powering up your suit with reactors and God knows what else. That's what has been demolishing my interest towards this game. Every freaking thing that benefits growing in EXP and items costs platinum. The last straw was when I found myself out of inventory slots. Paying for more room? Yeah right...

DE got something going, right now I found myself logging in only to see what price will I hit, then I make one round of... whatever type of game and leave, because - boredom.

Dude, paying for more slots isnt much of a deal, remember, this is a F2P game.

It's changed a lot yes since CBT but you have to admit sometimes weapons are really overpowered in comparision to other weapons. Especially the new weapons that keep getting included most of the time obliterate the old ones. Though I'd love to have a bunch of buffs too. Currently a lot of weapons are underpowered in comparision to other weapons. See the longswords for example

Currently Bastille seems quite overpowered imo. Since it completely immobilizes enemies and also lift them up in the air for a very long time without them being able to do anything at all. But frames like Loki and Nyx really could use a buff. These are just a few examples.

You should keep in mind that this game is still in beta phase. And a bunch of stuff have not been properly balanced yet. Both a lot of items need nerfs and buffs. Sure I would love them to take away nerfing but I would then also want them to buff the enemies if they are only going to buff stuff.

EDIT: Tbh the current slots limit is very annoying since the limit is very tight.

Edited by R3leaZ

The constant 'nerfing' Which is just making everything enjoyable about the game a bore, slowing us down, making it so I must craft everything or buy more platinum, turning crafting into a true grindfest. Feels a lot like it's turning into Blacklight: Retribution here.

That and the community is turning to absolute sh*t, all everyone does now is fight and whinge about other people's play styles and how terrible DE or defends them like there some kind of God, I personally think it's becoming upsetting watching this community rage at one other and rage at the game they've created by crying NEEEERRRF at everything.

You can't just adhere to one group of people, so far this is all that seems to be happening, I'd love to rant on there is so much more to be said but seriously, It's getting bad here folks.

Weeks pass and things change, but posts like this will be forever.

You do realize that posts like this one, do not "improve the community" in any way? They are one of the reasons why forums are less and less enjoyable.

People need to learn how to "debate" civilly instead creating constant flame wars about PVP and the BARELY NOTICEABLE SLIDE COOLDOWN unfortunately this will never happen because the internet doesn't know what civil debate means.

And yes everybody is crying NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its getting stupid 

Dude, paying for more slots isnt much of a deal, remember, this is a F2P game.

Well, like most of the beginners I gave my 50 platinum for various stuff, that didn't help much. If I only knew then.

It is my fault, however I might add it was conveniently uninformative that this platinum thing won't go up if you don't throw some money.

Still, I stand in my statement - paying for inventory with real $$ is stupid.

Weeks pass and things change, but posts like this will be forever.

You do realize that posts like this one, do not "improve the community" in any way? They are one of the reasons why forums are less and less enjoyable.

Indeed I realize this, I knew someone would bring this up.

To be totally clear and honest your post also is a mirror image, neither does it improve the community in fact i'd go as far as saying you are creating a gap too.

What i do for F2P games i like is putting in ~60 € (because thats pretty much the price of non-F2P-MMOs) and see how far i come with that and voila in most cases i can play smoothly until the game bores me after a few months which is absolutely normal.

If you want to play F2P-F2P go play flashgames...

People need to learn how to "debate" civilly instead creating constant flame wars about PVP and the BARELY NOTICEABLE SLIDE COOLDOWN unfortunately this will never happen because the internet doesn't know what civil debate means.

Then you should be the first to go with your tone-trolling and non-sequiturs.

Physician, heal thyself.

JUST LIKE THIS GAME. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What i do for F2P games i like is putting in ~60 € (because thats pretty much the price of non-F2P-MMOs) and see how far i come with that and voila in most cases i can play smoothly until the game bores me after a few months which is absolutely normal.

If you want to play F2P-F2P go play flashgames...

Yup, you shure were Free 2 pay for the game, get it XD

Still, I stand in my statement - paying for inventory with real $$ is stupid.

Every F2P game has their own hooks on trying to get people to put money into the game.  For some it is only skins (league of legends).  For some it is characters or expansion packs (DC Online/LotR).  Others, just pay to be more powerful.  Warframe gets you in two different ways, inventory space and patience.  If you want to own all the items at once, you will have to pay.  If you don't have the patience to get the pieces/resources to make something, you pay for it in platinum.  If you want visual options, that is pay (almost like any other F2P game).  But the fact that all gameplay levels and features are available to you, without paying a single cent, is something that rarely happens in a F2P game, and is the reason why this is the first F2P game I have put money into.

And, for the record, all I have spent my platinum on is warframe and weapon slots, and color packs.  Everything else I have gotten in game without paying platinum for.  (So, i still have tons of platinum left)

Indeed I realize this, I knew someone would bring this up.

To be totally clear and honest your post also is a mirror image, neither does it improve the community in fact i'd go as far as saying you are creating a gap too.

You are absolutely correct I should have just ignored this topic. As should anyone else. Nothing to see here people, move along. There really is no room for discussion here.

Every F2P game has their own hooks on trying to get people to put money into the game.  For some it is only skins (league of legends).  For some it is characters or expansion packs (DC Online/LotR).  Others, just pay to be more powerful.  Warframe gets you in two different ways, inventory space and patience.  If you want to own all the items at once, you will have to pay.  If you don't have the patience to get the pieces/resources to make something, you pay for it in platinum.  If you want visual options, that is pay (almost like any other F2P game).  But the fact that all gameplay levels and features are available to you, without paying a single cent, is something that rarely happens in a F2P game, and is the reason why this is the first F2P game I have put money into.

And, for the record, all I have spent my platinum on is warframe and weapon slots, and color packs.  Everything else I have gotten in game without paying platinum for.  (So, i still have tons of platinum left)

Actually most F2P games get you with only one consistent hook, the good ones anyways.

LoL hooks you with patience actually (XP and IP boosts), so does LoTR, you can grind your access to expansions, same with DDO.

Other games hook you with power (consumables or items)

Even others hook you with variety (unit slots and unique sidegrade items)

The problem is that WF tries to get you in two different ways: patience (crafting) AND variety (unit and item slots)

I'm sorry for you bro. I understand when you give hard earned money for something, which more or less does not live up to your hopes. I was hooked up in the beginning, now however I'm waiting for my copy of Mass Effect 3, since my friends are having hell of a good time, and I intend to join them in the multiplayer. True, there are micro transactions too (BioWare points), but at least they are not for potatoes, nor for powering up your suit with reactors and God knows what else. That's what has been demolishing my interest towards this game. Every freaking thing that benefits growing in EXP and items costs platinum. The last straw was when I found myself out of inventory slots. Paying for more room? Yeah right...

Mass Effect 3 MP? You are likely to run back to Warframe in a record time. You are really late to the party. If you feel ME3MP is a good balanced game then I must inform you that...

The game went through series of buff/nerf on weekly (and fortnightly) basis for over a year. Some of which even more severe than recent changes in Warframe. Moreover, it's neither free nor getting anymore free DLC for it (mostly were weapon/map/character pack anyway) since BWdevs already abandoned the project for next ME in the series. In Warframe, at least you can choose which weapon you want to use which is utterly opposite in ME3MP. You can't choose anything from the store, everything is random. New characters, new weapon, new mod are all randomized. I played that game for 500 hours and unable to unlock everything in the game.  

The only good thing about it is it's already polished and mechanic is easy to understand (since BSN dataminers already dug everything they possibly could, not because BWdev clarified). 

If you find Warframe community toxic....wait until you meet the full force of BSN.