Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm Reworked

StealthDragoon

2 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

OP idea, while i luv the inspiration from Shinobi, sounds terribly complex and would not mesh well with the pacing of the game, certainly that style works perfectly in a solo environment like Shinobi, but in WF your team/cell/squad/group is not going to wait for you, the proposed idea would just fall flat with ash always trying to tag enemies but never being able to finish them becuz the rest of the team slaughters them too quickly

IMHO bladestorm is honestly ok where it is atm, even though it is not terribly engaging, but if i was to suggest any changes i would try to go in a slightly different direction

the idea has been mentioned before that ash's shadow clones should play a more autonomous role, but i could also see a two-stage activation for the ability

ie ash intially using bladestorm would throw out raycasts/shuriken to any/all enemies in range [base 10/20/30/40m] as well as having a 'memory' of any enemy still alive that ash has previously used either his ult or #1 shurikens on [thus the raycast function would require LoS but it would also 'remember' enemies outside LoS that had been previously tagged but not yet killed], then upon a second activation ash would summon a shadow clone for each living enemy that has been 'tagged', each tagged enemy would then be attacked by a shadow clone using ash's previous bladestorm animations, afterwards the shadow clones would disappear, enemies killed in this way would allow their killer shadow clone to persist for 10/20/30/40secs, with a maximum of 1/2/3/4 shadow clones being allowed to remain, remaining shadow clones would then attempt to shuriken 'tag' another enemy in range and proceed to teleport to them and perform a finisher move, continuing the cycle until their duration expires ; any subsequent use of the bladestorm ability while existing shadow clones are still present would cause all existing shadow clones to rush back to ash and merge with him, each one healing him for 20% of his total health ; thus allowing a 'reset' of the cycle

This sounds similar to My idea with the DEATH MARK concept I added to shuriken+smoke screen and synergizes with Teleports to get in Fast and kill enemies under these daeath marks. The Death Marks are basically Slash/Bleed DoT procs from Shuriken, and the CC stun that My smoke screen idea provides. works in conjunction with Teleports.

Enemies under Death Marks allow You to Teleport with out energy cost or Line of Sight. This allows Ash players a Fast access to enemies.

The shuriken concept I have while in Bladestorm actually involves Ash and his 2 clones shooting 1 big energy shuriken each that tags enemies in a cone. Idk how I feel about the locked on shurikens that may stay same outside of Bladestorm.The idea is basically similar to mines that OP has suggested he just interpreted it in a different way, I dont exactly agree with using the mouses clicks for Bladestorm since the mouse clicks are for Primary and secondary weapons (Guns) and E is for Melee weapons which is what Bladestorm imo is a Melee Weapon. You should be allowed to perform combos in Bladestorm and cast your 1-2-and 3 in Bladestorm and they should all function together as I stated

16 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

OP idea, while i luv the inspiration from Shinobi, sounds terribly complex and would not mesh well with the pacing of the game, certainly that style works perfectly in a solo environment like Shinobi, but in WF your team/cell/squad/group is not going to wait for you, the proposed idea would just fall flat with ash always trying to tag enemies but never being able to finish them becuz the rest of the team slaughters them too quickly

It isn't that terribly complex. Press 4, go invisible, throw shuriken to mark enemies/ aim at enemies, left click to tele-kill. Like I said in my previous post, take out the stylish Shinobi finisher and it still remains a simple tweak.

If the pacing isn't fast enough, make it so throwing shuriken insta-tele-kill the target like you and AKKILLA mentions.

It CAN work. It ain't so complicated.

EDIT: Also, I left out any decoy thoughts of any kind because Loki handles the Decoy skill. I don't want Ash to feel like Loki in some way. It already hurts they both go invisible...

Edited by StealthDragoon

Look at Manics and how they behave and then look at Ash. Akkilla has posted it a few times and I as well, I actually was there in mission when we were helping a new player farm Ash and Akkilla said Manics act similar to Ash which I agree totally. Bladestorm is like 3 manics on a Rampage