Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combine Ammo Scavengers Into One Artifact

weezedog

The thing is, each ammo scavenger artifact increases the rate of the relevant ammo drops compared to the others.

They don't actually influence the total number of drops. A sniper scavenger artifact would increase the number of pink ammo drops and decrease all others.

The thing is, each ammo scavenger artifact increases the rate of the relevant ammo drops compared to the others.

They don't actually influence the total number of drops. A sniper scavenger artifact would increase the number of pink ammo drops and decrease all others.

Obviously the system needs a rework then. This is a great idea that should be implemented. Otherwise, scavenger artifacts really have no place in this game.

I don't think that's how it works, I know the wiki says that's the way it works, but the scavenger artifacts increase the ammount of ammo you get per pickup. Normally you get +20 ammo with a pickup, but with a scavenger on you get +40.

Edited by weezedog

turning each individual scavenger artifact into an ammo recovery over time artifact? 1 bullet/bolt/shell every 2 seconds? would be helpful when there's no ammo boxes for your weapon dropping. but yes i do agree with condensing all the scavenger mods into a single scavenger mod to increase all ammo box spawn rates.

Part of the ammo problem is that heavy targets drop the same small ammo pickup as light targets do, but they take significantly more ammo to kill. Heavy targets should drop large ammo pickups that have 2x the amount of bullets that light targets drop. Though we might not even need ammo artifacts if thise were the case.

I usually don't even use ammo unless I am facing heavy targets... Melee all the way, baby!

But more to the topic... An artifact that increases total ammo drops of all types would be nice. Perhaps to compliment that idea, also adding an artifact that increases drops for energy orbs, an artifact that increases drops for health orbs, an artifact that increases drops for resources, etc.

Why not just keep the scavenger mods separate, have them increase the drop rates of a specific ammo type instead of the number of bullets gained from those drops, and call it a day? The lack of some ammo types dropping with any reliability (cough, sniper, cough) is already a bigger problem than the size of the pickups themselves. We don't need more ammo on pickup across the board, we need higher drop chances.

Hell, skip the altering of the artifacts at all and just change the drop on kill rng to increase the chances for certain types of ammo dropping based on the weapons people in the party are holding. Or increase the rate of some enemy types showing up and have enemies drop a certain type of ammo consistently. I might be more inclined to play with a sniper rifle if over half of the drops in the wild weren't pistol and rifle ammo...

Edited by ToeSama