Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Key Group Structure Suggestion/feedback

Auramaru

Going to start this with a SS of the screen you see when you use a void key.

http://imgur.com/JDofsZi

The reason I uploaded this, is because you can see that there is ONLY a button that says "Play Now" at the top, rather the usual Drop-down menu for "Online", "Private", etc.

It is common knowledge that players must either host the game or be invited to the game by a player who has a key. So it can be assumed that the default group-type is "Invite Only".

I understand why it is "Invite Only"

1) Players who earn a Void Key shouldn't be allowed to match-up together ONLINE and be forced to run through the Void faster or slower than they would normally want to.

2) Private matches would allow people to hop into the void with friends UN-INVITED which might end in the same result as "Reason 1".

3) Solo would result in players being forced to go through the Void alone (which is both boring and challenging).

I like the setup overall. There is only ONE problem/"hiccup".

-Players with conflicting NAT types and conflicting internet connections are unable to join one another when it comes to the void. (obviously I'm writing this for a reason, so I'll cut right to it)

-A friend of mine who has a network conflict when connecting to me isn't able to join me through the usual method (set my game to private, then he starts his own private game, then he joins through the in-game contacts list) because the default group-type is set to "invite-only" rather than private, and there is no option to switch it to private when using a void key.

SOLUTIONS?

1) Make it so that you can use a void-key when in a lobby AND in menus, so that once a player is in your lobby, you don't have to reform the group. This would solve network conflicts because players would be able to use the fix I explained above to get into the Void with friends.

2) Make it so that the host can choose to open their Void-lobby to Private rather than "Invite Only".

Agree, disagree? I only came up with these solutions recently, so there are probably more possible solutions than that.