Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards For Clearing A System (Planet)

Alphascrub

Right now as many of you know there are three reward systems in game.

-End of mission rewards. Some are Basic things like Vitality, Fast Deflection, Ammo Drum ect. Others are given to you through void mission which are a who different level of awesome, like the latron prime.

-Log in rewards, which can stretch from game credits, blueprints and all the way to plat price reductions.

-Alert mission rewards, the exciting ones that drop blueprints for rare items and large amounts of credits sometimes as well as the ever important artifacts.

I propose a fourth type of reward. It could be pretty basic but its design would be to help a starting player have drive to not only clear systems, but also feel like they are accomplishing more than when they start out. These rewards would be designed to make their progression a more enjoyable experience and could give them the means to keep moving steadily forward.

The most basic rewards this system would give out would be leveled amounts of credit and xp. Just started out and cleared up Mercury? Here's a 5000 credits and a small amount of bonus xp.

Now lets say you just cleared a mid-grade system like Sedna. Now you might receive more leveled xp or credits, along with maybe a uncommon mod or two, and lastly maybe as a token you get one of the rarest materials the system has to offer.

Finally you cleared all the systems, top to bottom front to back. Now your reward might be a free warframe or maybe a flat amount of plat to do whatever you with with. Maybe you get a high level void key or one of the rare mods to boot.

See where I'm going with this? Sure this game in the end is more about the journey than the destination but everyone loves free chips, candy and soda along the way. It gives people something to look forward to if they are having a particularly rough time.

All this being said? What do the rest of you think?

Not a bad idea, I like the resources being rewarded after clearing a system. Could help a lot with farming for dojo's. Mercury system 5,000 ferrite upon completing every level. Pluto rubedo maybe 2,000 or so. Be a lot easier then farming a level over and over only to get dribs of 50-100 each time.

Not a bad idea, I like the resources being rewarded after clearing a system. Could help a lot with farming for dojo's. Mercury system 5,000 ferrite upon completing every level. Pluto rubedo maybe 2,000 or so. Be a lot easier then farming a level over and over only to get dribs of 50-100 each time.

I would be hesitant of this. What would stop larger clans of just making new accounts to feed their clan resources? I think farming is a important part of the game. To much free stuff would stifle game growth. It would make things to easy. Personally I think a Morphic here or some a single piece of gallium could be beneficial to a new player but not so much to a large clan.

One big reward for first clearing, and then a smaller reward each time you clear it again I think.

Again this is something I might shy away from. The idea, at least form my perspective is to give starting players a easier time clearing the galaxy and more motivation to do so.

Why not have a liberation income? With alert missions serving as an opposing force attacking the sector to reclaim the mining operation etc and steal your "earnings". I think that would be amazing but it would start becoming an entirely different game :P

i think we probably need more places to clear before this could really become a thing.

it'd send a bit more traffic to less frequented places of the map though instead of everyone eventually just going to Xini, Narcissus, and wherever you go to farm high level grineer in a defense for 5-10 rounds and then bail.

Why not have a liberation income? With alert missions serving as an opposing force attacking the sector to reclaim the mining operation etc and steal your "earnings". I think that would be amazing but it would start becoming an entirely different game :P

That could be a decent idea. A bit limited at times but still decent. Maybe the hostage you rescued is a person of means? Maybe their were hit contracts out on you target other than what the lotus gave you. This could lead to side quest to collect resources for other rewards and so on.

i think we probably need more places to clear before this could really become a thing.

it'd send a bit more traffic to less frequented places of the map though instead of everyone eventually just going to Xini, Narcissus, and wherever you go to farm high level grineer in a defense for 5-10 rounds and then bail.

I think the galaxy map will continue to grow but really there are 219 missions in the game. That is kind of large from a beginners stand point. Besides whats to say we don't get a new galaxy soon? As far as farming goes I would like to see some unique blueprints that are only available in their respect systems, other than warframe prints. Like a special rifle you can only get from saturn ect. I know Mercury has the cronos but that is a sure thing. These other drops could be random to the system. You could even make the assassination target of that system, if applicable use the special weapon. Thid would lead to more boss spamming I know but if you tweaked the drop rate to be higher in other parts of the system it could work.