Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Let Us Name Our Sentinels

Minnow23

I recently acquired the Dethcube and adore it. Dethcube will never judge me, he will always look out for me, he will always do what I tell him and be happy to do so, he fights my enemies for me and likes my friends, he will never threaten to stab me, and in fact cannot speak. You know what else has such characteristics (besides the weighted companion cube with a death ray)?

A puppy.

That's right, I view my floating death machine as a cute and adorable puppy, and I've decided to treat him as such. Sometimes when a Leaper leaps at me (sidenote: very creative name) and he vaporizes him/her I look at him and say "Oh you! Who's a good Dethcube? Is it you? Is it you?" I would very much like to name him Poncho, as that's what any self respecting man would name a puppy.

Other times I view my Dethcube as a loyal Alfred-esque butler because I like to imagine him with a delightful English accent quipping witty one liners about the state of my Tenno-Cave and my pathetic love life, all the while serving me tea and cookies while shooing away those pesky Chargers who want to charge me (Seriously, great name choice). If this is the case I would very much like to name him Jasper as he is just that classy.

The point I'm trying to make is that while I can call my Dethcube such on my own, I'd like to make it official and be able to tag him as such in the game, rather than it just saying DETHCUBE next to my username. It would also allow for more customization and personalization, and dare I say that forbidden word, Immersion. I can think of many different types of people who would utilize this. Casual gamers who would name it after their parakeet, their childhood sweetheart or their beloved goldfish and would have a personal story to it. Anime fans would name it something like Ketsuyano or some S#&$. LOTR fans could name it a dirty elvish word, and those really intense people could name it something like "DARK FLAME" or something equally metal. Of course you would have people who would name their Wyrm something like "Penis-Pump" or "Ball Sweat" or "Coochie" (because these people have a strange obsession with genitalia), but that's likely not very different from what their usernames are so it's not like it could hurt the immersion any more (Considering that today I played a game with a Tenno named "ISellBodyParts").

So please, DE, let us love our Sentinels even more than we all already do, and like a puppy pees on a tree to mark it his let us name our Dethcubes and Shades alike to make them officially ours.