Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Key Foundry (just hear me out)

JomsvikingSpec

Here's a thought: Tower key blueprints. The amount of resources contributed could determine the key or you could make it selectable in the foundry.

You could have a bp for each class and title them "Void Capture Key Blueprint" or "Void Defense Key Blueprint" and t1 could be something like: 25.000 credits, 1 Orokin Cipher, 1 Gamma Beacon, 1 Orokin cell. And a t2 key would be: 50.000 credits, 2 Orokin Ciphers, 2 Kappa Beacons, 5 Orokin Cells and so on.

That'd both give us use of beacons AND Orokin ciphers. The options list for which tier key you make could look just like the ones for ak/dual weapons where you'd select the tier from a grid and that would set the requirements in the foundry for that specific item build then reset when you claim it. And make the key bps reusable.

Of course they may say "Oh well that would take away from trade or farming for keys" but not if you use beacons or ciphers. Those aren't a guarantee from any mission type unless you have the perfect rng spawn. Derelict runs only grant a cipher if you open the vault, and not everyone runs those with 4 player teams. And Ceres missions do often have Guardians, but not always eximi. And yes, some players may have beacons and orokin ciphers stockpiled. I, myself, have 82 ciphers and total 46 beacons. (I'm fully aware that may not seem like much to avid Ceres/Derelict players, but to me it is.)

That's just my two cents on an idea I'd like to see implemented. Trade chat has gotten ridiculous with their key prices, and using 25.000 standing for keys is more than I wanna waste. And spending plat on keys is ridiculous to me. Key drops seem to be wonky for me. Lua gives me more low rank cores than keys, and void runs seem to only give me D/MD keys, which I have keys for days of. But what I lack is Caps, Exterms, and Sabs. The ones I use most. Having a key bp with rare item requirements, or even replacing beacon requirements for Nitain or built Forma would seem feasible. I know this idea wouldn't sit well with some. Or might be a great idea to others. Not trying to debate about it, but I would like to see something.

I like the concept of cleaning my orokin cells up, but the beacon as an Grineer idea would work on an Orokin idea. Would prefer using Argon Crystals and Control modules. Also it would be nice if they have an idea to drain those alloy plate from me.

Just now, Valteria. said:

I like the concept of cleaning my orokin cells up, but the beacon as an Grineer idea would work on an Orokin idea. Would prefer using Argon Crystals and Control modules. Also it would be nice if they have an idea to drain those alloy plate from me.

I could see using Crystals but control modules not so much. Crystals, Beacons, and Orokin Ciphers because they're rare. And beacons mainly because they can act as a nav coordinate in a sense.

Hmmm. Crafting keys ourselves would be a good way of replacing key drops and farming in some missions, and even open for more diverse drops. That alone could already be good if handled properly.

Then for the materials, Orokin cells make a lot of sense, not only because Keys are Orokin items, but as well because they'd be void related. Ciphers even more, as to decrypt a tower's location, and apart from Mirage quest nothing uses them, and anyone that has farmed corrupted mods already has probably many. A good use for something.

Beacons however, they'd make sense if Corpus and Grineer both had a type of beacon (i.e. Corpus beacons can make corpus sabotage, and Grineer, a Grineer one). But also it'd limit farming to Ceres unless there are more enemies that drop them in other planets.

And even for T4 keys, they might even use Argon Crystals and maybe another material that drops from void.

4 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

And even for T4 keys, they might even use Argon Crystals and maybe another material that drops from void.

See I was kind of debating either just regular Nav Coords or Crystals to replace beacons, or give Bursas a beacon drop chance. Not guaranteed, but a chance. 

T1/3 Sabs would require either Guardian beacons or something of the sort, and if Bursas had their own kind, T2/4 Sabs would require those. That being if there was a Corpus beacon type.

4 minutes ago, specopsblack said:

See I was kind of debating either just regular Nav Coords or Crystals to replace beacons, or give Bursas a beacon drop chance. Not guaranteed, but a chance. 

T1/3 Sabs would require either Guardian beacons or something of the sort, and if Bursas had their own kind, T2/4 Sabs would require those. That being if there was a Corpus beacon type.

Well, regular nav coordinates are used for Derelict keys, which lead you to obtain the ciphers, so that part could already be covered. Crystals maybe only in T3 or T4 because they drop in void itself.

Capture and Sabotage are the only faction related missions, so T1 & T3, and T2 & T4 respectively could use each faction's beacons, while others could use either, both, or a neutral one both factions more commonly drop.