Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Rewards Need Another Change

MonsterPig

The thing is seriously how many mods are there? Very limited, everyone already has almost all of them by now, whats the point anymore? i just do defense for the fun of it. I can care less about mods, I'm maxed out. Mods aren't that hard to get now and not much variety, everything is too simple to get and people burnout fast. Also those void keys are worthless now only good that drops from there are the prime weps even that gets boring i want my T3 Void Assassination

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

This is what clans and friends are for. DE encourages clans. I only do defense missions with my clan-mates, especially ones on our voice server. We should be rewarded for this type of gaming.

Regardless, I don't think the suggestions on this thread are really focusing on putting the hammer on more casual players. We mainly want a buff for higher waves.

You noticed I said public matches right? Yeah, it's a fair point, but most of the time clanmates want to run for the sake of running not necessarily for the rewards.

The real thing however... short of fusion cores and uber rare mods what else could they really reward the more veteran players with? I'm pretty much at the point where if it's not one of the new rare mods (fury, master theif, retribution and maybe I'm missing one more) it's just going to get fused into something else... and I'm only at that point because I reset so I could have more stuff to do.

Nah. There just doesn't seem to be a threat on any of these higher stages because there's no threat to the enemies themselves on ANY stage. The game does nothing to improve upon the threat of enemies past level boosting them each set of waves. Don't readjust the reward system because the enemies aren't threatening you, just make enemy AI a better threat over all. Maybe then even people with great loadouts will actually be threatened by wave 15+ on Xini

Nah. There just doesn't seem to be a threat on any of these higher stages because there's no threat to the enemies themselves on ANY stage. The game does nothing to improve upon the threat of enemies past level boosting them each set of waves. Don't readjust the reward system because the enemies aren't threatening you, just make enemy AI a better threat over all. Maybe then even people with great loadouts will actually be threatened by wave 15+ on Xini

I agree that other ways to implement difficulty are needed, such as bosses every now and then or enemies with more abilities that appear with lvl increase.

Defense rewards are fine as they are. Going to higher waves is bragging rights. As is my group typically goes to 15 unless we're bored of farming mods or we think something good is coming up. There's no need for wave 15+ to give better rewards because that's not supposed to be Warframe's end-game. Once we have more enemy types I think the endless defense will become much more difficult anyways.