Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"?" Alerts

Riptose

The alert system is a really cool idea. It gives us players some more variety in playing warframe. However, the way the drop system for special items works for the alerts is flawed I feel. I find myself only playing alerts that drop a very specific item or blueprints, I wont play one that just drops credits, and I dont think many other people do as well.

I think changing alerts to work more like the void in terms of dropping the special items and BPs: being a complete and total mystery of what you will acquire until you actually complete the alert.  

Alerts now give you a brief description of what you will be doing, the enemy faction, the reward bonus and any special items marked with a "?". However, with the twitter alerts and the alert app, we players just pick and choice what maps to play because we want specific drops. I think if we change each alert to having a percent chance to drop a variety of BPs, extra credits, artifacts, possibly a blueprint for a small selection of *warframe colors* (like a BP for like 5 or 6 colors, not a whole pallete) and *helmet and weapon skin* blueprints would really make alerts more a better experience.

Good idea?

I kinda like the idea of having a chance to get everything but some people will moan about RNG etc. etc.

However, adding the chance to drop what you suggested to every alert will make it a bit nicer to do some of the less rewarding alerts (credit only) and gives you a chance to perhaps still get alert only items from doing regular alerts.

I imagine we all do our share of groaning about our favor with the RNG gods... but I think making most thigns about equal in drop rate would be a fix, instead of having 3 things that are really common, and 5 extreamly rare items.