Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Challenge May Ruin This Game

rlro

Yeah, I know stun is annoying, but players learn through there mistakes, if they know an enemy is a threat, they will slow down and assess the situation instead of just hacking and slashing their way to the exit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had games where players are scattered across the map doing their own thing instead of actually sticking together and fighting as a unit, rather than a bunch of overpowered warriors that just muscle their way through the level. I agree that my suggestions had some redundancy in them, but I figured if you have an enemy that is able to stop the players or deal a lot of damage in one attack, it would halt there progress to some degree and force them to remove the threat, or risk failure. the way it is now, you could just run through the level without fighting cause there is no threat that is able to contain the players.

TL;DR: There needs to be something to stop the players, otherwise there is nothing stopping you from running through everything...

Endless defense.

I still agree we need more challenging enemies and objectives though.

High waves in endless def is really where I see myself when I maxed out some of my mods but the problem is you can reach wave 50 and you still get for example a void III key that you could've gotten on wave 5 already if lucky. I'm saying def needs an overhaul to make higher waves attractive. Stuff like 5 rare mods for reaching wave 50 or something. Like challenge players to actually mod up some guns cause until recently I didn't even mod stuff and only had to do so to compete in void tower.

Edited by scavenge

I already suggested so many times before solutions and got mocked and ignored on this forum and now more kids starting to realize rushing and lackof challenge ruining the game in long run.

1.Lockdown stages - we all must stop and kill all enemies to proceed.

2.Stronger enemies in each lockdown area as we advance maybe more hp on those miniboses and powers.

3.Since runing kiddos with no brains will hate these measures cause they want no challenge DE must force these implemented and force everyone a new playstyle else it wont work.

Im playing Vindictus with this playstyle and is extremely fun and we focus on faster/more effiecient teams and ways of cleaning rooms of enemy scum to proceed faster with farming,and Warframe could be a lot more fun with this implemented.

I myself stopped playing cause of these issues and never gonna come back to this game(i feel sorry buying founder package and getting ignored now) if running/no challenge will be kept as playstyle.

Good luck Warriors...with running i guess?

Half of your difficulty suggestions involve adding more knock down and stagger, whilst I agree that the game should be more difficult, and have varying challenges, I do not want to see more knock down and stagger in a game that is already stuffed full of it. Removing players control as means of increasing difficulty is a copout, improving enemy AI and tactics, making them more agressive, and giving them abilities that encourage players to move out of the way to avoid damage instead of just standing out in the open picking off targets would go a long way to improving this game's difficulty.

Agreed

We need difficulty and challenge but in a good way, for the stupid +armor + health + damage we already have the defense.

I mean you can add armor/health/damage (mobs need it) but the main difficulty shouldn't come from that.

Oh and add more knockback/stun is a bad idea.

I have made a quite long post about new ennemies mechanics in the game; here are a few of them:

Infest

"Corrupted Invoker":

Have a ~~100 meters corruption area around him- when a warframe is detected in this 100 meters area (the invoker must be in an aggressive state, the Corrupted Invoker stop moving and activate its power:

- Decrease Warframe energy, or health, or endurance by a small amount every seconds. 

--> Definitely a priority target that must be killed asap! The area effect could be indicate inside the game with a simple purple circle for example. If all the warframe are out of the circle, the Invoker moves again toward them. Notice that this ability does not allowed the Invoker to detect Warframe - they must be seen first.

Corpus

"Howler Moa"

Every 20 seconds (value is not fixed at all, it is just an example), launch a screech which prevent Warframe from using their abilities for 8 seconds (yeah, you never heard it but a real moa shout hurts a lot). Area effect: 30 meters or something like that; 2 seconds casting time (similar to the earthquake orange Moa)

This ability is avoidable if a Warframe is squat when the screech is launched.

Grineer

"Axes throwers"

A special ennemy which throw axes on warframes. Thoses axes are soaked with a vicious poison which bypass the shield and directly lower HP; the only way to avoid them is to run or to use the "melee block" command. If an axe is blocked, it deals no damage.

And of course, because they are melee weapons, they pass through Frost Globe..... (^_^')

Feel free to comment / react.

Edited by Ayalin

So what would you suggest?

You can increase armor/health/damage but you also need to add new mechanics to the game.

Players should be forced to move slowly, check a room before to move in, snipe some mobs and rush to some other one (who could'nt be killed at distance), have a good positioning,team play etc...

I think a lot of ideas have already been given on other topics. mobs with different ability (Ayalin's post) phase of a mission with a timer (for example, a door is closing and if you are not in time you will have to go through a longer and harder path) labyrinth map where you can put marks on the walls to help you find your way while having to advance against a continous stream of ennemies...

I also like the idea of being able to block some of the doors (with blowtorch) to prevent ennemies to come from there

You can even add some stealth phase on the mission, that could be nice. I don't like the actual system, you get spotted and then there is an endless stream of mobs going for you even if after 5 minutes, they shouldn't know where you are anymore.

Anyway, add more KB and stun is bad because when there is too much crowd control the players can't play anymore, it's just frustrating.

Edited by yiN_