Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On Ways To Stop Rushing

Budu

I think we should have the objective marker removed or altered in some way. This would prevent players from rushing to it and force you to explore the maps. I also think the idea of being able to mark what kind of player you are and have the match making system roughly team you up with those types of players.

imo If you have been playing for as long as i have or even longer and don't know where these secret areas are on the maps then you're playing wrong.

Not_This_Shit_Again_zps1f66bdc1.gif

Seriously, nerfing a game mechanic is NOT the answer!

How about some incentives to not rush? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60900-incentives/

Seriously, read that thread, it has many great ideas that ADD to the game instead of REMOVING from it.

Also,

imo If you have been playing for as long as i have or even longer and don't know where these secret areas are on the maps then you're playing wrong.

I've been playing Doom since 1993. I still don't know where all the secret areas are. I sure as hell haven't been playing it wrong for twenty years.

Edited by RyojinOrion

They just need a way to differentiate between the playing styles before a match even begins. As it is now you have no idea what you are going to get as far as team members goes which makes PUGs frustrating and often avoided unless absolutely no other option is available.

Just make some way to denote what type of playing style the mission is designed for. Then if somebody joins a match and plays contrary to the intended style they are treated like a griefer in other games and you can report them for DE to decide their fate. A blacklist would also be appreciated as it eliminates the chance of running into that player again while waiting for DE to look into the matter.

There is no need to change the game itself, just allow people to look for the playing style they want to currently engage in.

Depending on my mood, I've rushed missions and I've taken my time on missions.

Not_This_Shit_Again_zps1f66bdc1.gif

Seriously, nerfing a game mechanic is NOT the answer!

How about some incentives to not rush? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60900-incentives/

Seriously, read that thread, it has many great ideas that ADD to the game instead of REMOVING from it.

Also,

I've been playing Doom since 1993. I still don't know where all the secret areas are. I sure as hell haven't been playing it wrong for twenty years.

Alright thank you for the link. i'm just getting annoyed with it is all.

We're not talking about Doom we're talking about Warframe which is in Beta and doesn't have a lot of secret areas to find. I was just surprised that some people who've been playing longer than me have had no idea where they were or didn't bother looking for them so all i meant was you're missing out on things in plain sight if u stop and look instead of rushing by them.
Edited by Budumpshh

Alright thank you for the link. i'm just getting annoyed with it is all.

Yeah... But we're tired of seeing the same threads over and over and over, ya know? Specifically on the topic of rushers.

We're not talking about Doom we're talking about Warframe which is in Beta and doesn't have a lot of secret areas to find. I was just surprised that some people who've been playing longer than me have had no idea where they were or didn't bother looking for them so all i meant was you're missing out on things in plain sight if u stop and look instead of rushing by them.

Well, my point wasn't Doom specific. My point was that just because you don't hunt for the secret areas doesn't mean you're playing it wrong. Additionally, 'secret area' indicates that you could easily miss it even if you aren't rushing.

Edited by RyojinOrion

This is fundamental problem with the game that isn't going too be solved without a few substantial nerfs and changes to the core game and enemy AI, as it stands 'secret areas and rewards' do nothing to fix the problem and fact make it worse. Since those kinds of fixes will be temporary at best, afterward when the 'been there done that' settles in, the situation will be right back to where it was or worse if the rift between those who want to enjoy the content vs those who just want to burn through it widens. So far I haven't seen anything that isn't a band-aid fix or flat out doesn't do anything.