Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idealistic Tenno Talks

Pure idealistic talks here.

Nothing about buffing (warframe name) or ideas you would post on General D just to get attentions.

Feel free to hijack the topic to other stuffs, but since I'm starting this thread I'll put something here in case you don't want to think.

So few weeks ago I opened a thread at "finding a squad" and in the thread I invite new players to add me so I can help them to get on their feet. The main reason I do that is I want to contribute something to support DE, and to keep some of the new players that find the game too complex to get started. I did stated in the thread I will not to be carrying but only to force principles on them which I would only point directions and give information instead of playing the game for them. Once again those players haven't play for a week now, and I begin to question myself if I'm doing something that I shouldn't be doing. I remember when I first started Warframe back at summer I was clueless for what I was doing, and I never receiver any mentoring, the best advice I ever got were from TheBrskr and DerinKavat. But I pretty much build up everything I own by myself including my clan and dojo for my personal use. I'm beginning to ask myself if I need to help any new players at all, I'm wondering if all other Tennos need to go through what I been through to stay loyal to this game. I want to know if my help is the main cause for them to quit the game.

Helping new players learn the game is probably the best thing a longer time player can do. But all new people react differently, some could be struggling, and a mentor can help them to greater good for them, others might just want to play casually if a game draws their attention.

New players that begin alone, many of them at least, appreciate support, help, make friends they can play with. Some times they prefer a player on their level though, someone that is in their place and they get to learn together.

I can't relate to having a mentor, because I hadn't, I started alone, and alone I was until later when I already learned by myself, but I probably would have loved to get either a mentor or a partner back then.

No, it's not your help that did this, it's their way to see or appreciate the game that does.