Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Flawed Cheating Auto-Detect?

Trucider

Recently a relative of mine who plays Warframe had his account suspended for 5 months. After he sent a support ticket requesting explanations, a developer replies explaining that the account was suspended by the cheat auto-detect system, and that if such event reoccurs, the ban will become permanent.

Thing is, my relative claims he never used anything in any way to cheat. Although I don't watch him 24/7, I vouch his claims. He's no fool.

I think it's safe to say that the cheat detect system's coding will need a good look-at. Last thing we want are members receiving reckless bans due to a coding flaw or bug/glitch.

if it detected a cheat then, he was using cheat engine cheaters deserved to be banned

Cheaters deserves bans. Non-cheaters don't.

You can't assume the auto-detect is perfect, and I can't prove he didn't cheat. So we start by searching and fixing bugs/glitch on the system.

You can't assume the auto-detect is perfect, and I can't prove he didn't cheat. So we start by searching and fixing bugs/glitch on the system.

This. Although there is no way to tell if he was cheating without being behind him, people rely too heavily on anti-cheat. 

By submitting a report to Support, they can determine who was banned, why they were banned, and if it's a fault with the anti-cheat, help correct it. The anti-cheat is far from perfect, but by shooting first, and asking questions later, they can pinpoint the legitimate issues from the fake ones, and improve the system from there. Since this is a proactive system rather than a reactive one, there will always be false positives, although the minimization of that is paramount. The alternative is the anti-cheat being reactive and broken within a day or two. 

If the banned player hasn't yet done so, they can file a support ticket here. From there, the Support team can take a look through the logs, determine what triggered the ban, and they can work out either whether it's a legitimate issue or not.

Edited by Azure_Kyte