Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to run Draco

Noir

Question

DRACO

Yes yes, I know many of you may disagree with the existence of Ceres Draco or simply dislike it, but in my opinion it is still the easiest way to obtain Affinity. This post is a guide to show you how to run this mission most effectively.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Speaking of Affinity, let me first explain how it works:

The Obvious-

Affinity (more easily identified as EXP) is what you obtain by killing enemies, completing objectives, or hacking consoles etc. (It is used to increase the levels on your gear)

What you want to know-

Affinity is channeled into your gear in this format:

Warframe: 25% of Affinity gained

Primary: 25% of Affinity gained

Secondary: 25% of Affinity gained

Melee: 25% of Affinity gained

How to make the most of this-

Knowing that all Affinity is distributed equally throughout your gear, you can equip limited amounts of items to maximize it forspecific items:

Example-

Warframe: 25%

Primary: 75%

What I did above was simply taking out the secondary and melee and BAM, you instantly get more affinity for the primary weapon. (You can do this with secondary or melee as well.)

Important Note:

You may be hyped right now knowing that you can level up weapons much faster by only equipping one item, but wait, there's a catch. You can only gain affinity for your weapons (no, Saryn doesn't count as a weapon in this case) if you use either a Primary, Secondary, or Melee to get the kills. If you decide to bring a cc frame like ember and demolish everything with her 4, no affinity will be sent to your other weapons.

What do I do now?

The best way to counter this downside is to bring one weapon that can actually kill enemies and another weapon solely for leveling purposes. (Unequip your sentinel or kubrow as well) In the end, what your loadout might look like is this:

Warframe (preferably a tanky frame like Inaros or Rhino for survivability): 25% affinity

Primary (your killing machine): 37.5% Affinity

*Skips Secondary

Melee (the thing you need to level up): 37.5% Affinity

--> (If you stay within 50 meters of your allies, any affinity they get from kills will go to you as well.)

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Taking it up a notch

All the information I posted above is for aggressively upgrading a specific weapon and also for when you run Ceres Draco with a random squad. If you want to take this to the next step, follow the information below~

MLG Team Draco

If you are running Draco with a squad of friends or people you know/you can talk to, consider doing the mission this way:

• At the begining of each wave, capture 3-4 towers to get a boost. After you see your interception percentage higher than the enemies, ignore 2 out of the 4 towers so it takes longer to complete and more enemies can spawn. I prefer to sustain only tower D and C because they are more centralized and any enemies killed are almost guaranteed to be within 50 meters.
  • As soon as you exit the elevator, you should notice two black(ish) boxes immediately to your right. Those boxes are your camping spot as the waves progress.

RJ Excal- Your Radial Javelin is the group's primary damage dealer. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and spam 3.

Frost- Your sole purpose is to protect your team from damage. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and keep your snow globe up.

EV Trinity- Your purpose, well, is to EV. After you capture a point, head back to the black boxes you found to the right of the elevator, stand on them, and spam 2.

I hope this guide helped you maximize your Draco experience as well as explained some of the mechanics relating to affinity.

Have a nice day!

Sources-

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

https://youtu.be/rhmFVIsu7s4 

Edited by iCoupe

1 minute ago, Kano said:

The sucking part wasn't just aimed at you, was the people who sit on draco for everything they have and have no experience outside of it and fail at everything which is bad since its pve and need no skill what's so ever

How can you fail at everything outside Draco? Everything you do requires you to kill/shoot. If anything, Draco helps prepare you. So ppl Draco. Would you want someone to join a raid with a unranked frame/load out? Most likely the answer is no. Just an example.

7 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

Back when the 2-3 year veterans started the game, the xp was much harder to get, and even we still attribute MR to some sort of time played in game.  Draco basically shatters any reason for MR to mean anything anymore, which then leads to entitled players just because they achieved a certain rank very quickly.  They think that they know everything there is to know, then their skills are absolutely terrible since they only know how to level.  That's part of the cancer spreading in this community, and draco just encourages it.  Granted I use Draco for xp myself, but I'm ok with that after being here for an ungodly amount of time to learn the game and all it has to offer.  Like I said, if it was rank locked, it might be less of an issue.

tl:dr - fast leveling encourages unnecessary ego in new players.

After all you said. Don't you think something about MR needs to be changed & not Draco?

55 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

While you get your weapon forma'd in "10 minutes" and be completely bored with the game, i actually play the game and get better (cuz of not standing around doing nothing) ;)

Real men ain't stupid. They just got honor and skill.

People use Draco do know how to "Play the game" but want to play it with frames and weapons that are at there maximum potential.

People that play Draco :

Don't post on the forms for frames to be nerfed.

Don't post on the forms about how hard a Sortie/Alert/ Mission is

Don't whine about certain mobs being to hard.

Draco players is play the gain and welcome the challenges. Why ? because we have the frames and weapons to own what ever come are way.

So don't be jealous and go play the game your way.

1 minute ago, DxAdder said:

People use Draco do know how to "Play the game" but want to play it with frames and weapons that are at there maximum potential.

People that play Draco :

Don't post on the forms for frames to be nerfed.

Don't post on the forms about how hard a Sortie/Alert/ Mission is

Don't whine about certain mobs being to hard.

Draco players is play the gain and welcome the challenges. Why ? because we have the frames and weapons to own what ever come are way.

Preach! +1

1 minute ago, Firefly0037 said:

well I mean... we gotta have SOMETHING to complain about D:

I'm just saying. We all here making a big deal outta nothing just because ppl rather spend 5 mins to quickly level a weapon rather than 2-3 hours cauaully leveling it. There is no escaping the fact DE can't do anything about it. There will always be the next best thing to quickly leveling.

Just now, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I'm just saying. We all here making a big deal outta nothing just because ppl rather spend 5 mins to quickly level a weapon rather than 2-3 hours cauaully leveling it. There is no escaping the fact DE can't do anything about it. There will always be the next best thing to quickly leveling.

*obligatory complaint*

2 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

I'd recommend not encouraging these conversations even further by responding to those people.  I've gotten warning points for that, and have seen threads locked by mods.    (not calling you out specifically, but this convo is a good example)

your point is well taken...

but sometimes they're very hard to resist.  they're so easy :)