Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resources, Kills, And Exploration

Ghobe

DIE RUSHERS DIE-er I mean...uh...so I've got this idea...but let's get a little more serious for that shall we? :D

So as we know there are 2 things that are a problem right now: 1) the whole rusher vs explorer war and that both sides agree that there needs to be an incentive to not rush, and 2) rare resources need a better way to be received outside of boss battles(I don't know about you but I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten rare resources from not a boss). So here's an idea to throw out towards it...

Step 1) Reduce base amount of Common/Uncommon resources by 60%. Reduce chance to drop rare resources to 0%. (I feel hate, hold on, keep reading)

Step 2) For every kill of normal enemies, increase amount dropped based on the number and type of enemy killed. Normal enemies increase drop of common by 1, uncommon by 0.25, and increases the drop chance of rare resources by 0.01%. Elite enemies increase drop of common by 1.5, uncommon by 0.5, and increases the drop chance of rare resources by 0.1%. Special enemies have a drop amount/chance equivalent to 5x as much as a normal enemy.

These numbers are currently based on the notion that common resources have an average drop rate of 180 resource, uncommon resource is 30, and rare is.............well it's called rare for a reason right? >.> This is also based on the average number of enemies in a run being 200. So to show math...

1st enemy killed: 72 common 12 uncommon 0% rare chance

10th enemy killed: 81 common 14.25 uncommon 0.09% rare chance

50th enemy killed: 121 common 24.25 uncommon 0.49% rare chance

150th enemy killed: 221 common 49.25 uncommon 1.49% rare chance

200th enemy killed: 271 common 61.75 uncommon 1.99% rare chance

That of course not including elites. If we assume every 20th enemy is an elite.

1st enemy killed: 72 common 12 uncommon 0% rare chance

10th enemy killed: 81 common 14.25 uncommon 0.09% rare chance

50th enemy killed: 122 common 24.75 uncommon 0.67% rare chance

150th enemy killed: 224.5 common 51 uncommon 2.12% rare chance

200th enemy killed: 275.5 common 64 uncommon 2.8% rare chance

Special Enemies are enemies along the lines of Bosses and that S-word thing, maybe something else in the future, possibly even giving it to the very last enemy killed in the level. So when they are killed, the amount of resources or chance of rare resource is multipled by 5 for each enemy killed prior based on the numbers above.

0 Enemies killed: 360 common 60 uncommon 0% rare chance

10 Enemies killed: 405 common 71.25 uncommon 0.45% rare chance

50 Enemies Killed(+2e): 610 common 123.75 uncommon 3.35% rare chance

150 Enemies Killed(+7e): 1122.5 common 255 uncommon 10.6% rare chance

200 Enemies Killed(+9e): 1377.5 common 320 uncommon 14% rare chance

*e standing for the elite kill replacements.

Although those numbers sound high(especially the 150 and 200), keep in mind that bosses and other chance encounters typically happen fairly early in the missions(if I had to hazard a guess I'd say it would be around the 30-50 kill mark).

I'm iffy about this mechanic with defense and mobile defense type missions due to how they work, I suppose it would encourage high wave play though. On top of this, assuming all 200 enemies are killed every run, there is a fairly good chance that one rare resource will drop every run, which might be too common, but that's for DE to decide and for us to ultimately argue about here.

Now one thing that I have yet to discuss here is how this stuff affects containers and lockers. Personally I feel containers should receive an identical bonus, as well as contribute to the kill count, while the lockers only receive 25% of the bonus and do not contribute to the kill count. I say this because of the Master Thief mod. Although this still encourages the use of it, it won't make it mandatory, since Master Thief picks should only account for less than 5% of all resources gained, but would still be a bonus for anyone hardcore farming resources.

And now I'll open the floor to comments and opinions from the community.

Edited by Ghobe

I like it.

Forumites might tear you to bits over the details, percents, and such... but I think it's definitely a good beginning to a conversation. Simply stated, to add incentive for staying in a mission and doing all you can. More enemies, more lockers, more breakables, more hacks.