Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Be Nice If Mods You Picked Up Were The Same For Everyone

unmog

RE: OP

I understand the desire, but it doesn’t look like DE is heading in that direction.  (Currently, it seems more like we have a Diablo III approach to dropped weapons, etc.  Which seems to work well on that platform.)

To make the Mod drops all the same for everyone, that would mean:

End of mission trading would be of little use.

The RNG of a Mod drop would only be RNG for the first one to touch it, then it would have to stay static.

The frantic/fun need to kill and collect as much as possible would diminish if you knew ahead of time (through chat) that a certain drop was a common you already had out the wazoo.  (To be honest, I kind of like the X-mas morning hope/surprise of the current system.)

Clan power - It looks like DE intends for this game to move into a clan vs clan environment.  (Not for me, but) that would mean: one guy in your group/clan gets it, suddenly all four of you have it.  With the size of clans and amount they play together, that would mean Rare is no longer rare, as EVERYONE (or near it) would soon have Split Chamber in your clan.  And if you were a smaller clan without that Mod widespread, what would be the point of battling the big boys?

I understand the want (though it doesn’t frustrate me anywhere near as much as say, your own character’s head constantly getting in the way when you aim/zoom while your back is near a wall), but it seems the total RNG for Mods is the way they have wired the game.

Maybe a compromise would be to have 1 in 10 drops be a different color – and that would be the static Mod?