Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop System, Not Normal Imo

memeth

Hey guys,

i already posted weeks ago.. and now i wanna complain about the drop system on Eris. apprently the boss doesn't drop anything of useful to players whom are looking for something specifically.

in my guild - and i'm not really joking - we played the same fakin' mission every day (10 or 15 times). so, every one of us have already got a different piece to craft Nyx (someone got the chassis and the helmet, others the helmet and system, and so on.)

at some point i have been discussing with other players and they confirmed my doubts: maybe the probability to get the final (and most imporant) blueprint decreases as you find the others.

even if that is true, DE will be evil to obbligate people to buy the warframe instead to farm it as usual.

in any fakin' game you are SURE to get something after X attempts.. WARFRAME cannot be that different. so why i cannot get what i need after 20-30 attempts? how much low is the probability to get specific items? this question can be easly extended to any other item or material.

ie: neurodes or modules - you are "sure" to farm them from some bosses, aren't you? THEN you drop what you need from a chest.. and the boss will drop plastids. .. is me stupid or this is totally unusual? definitely, it's not logic. why a fakin' boss will drop materials when you usually find them around ANY mission. what's the point to kill bosses?

from closed beta i just played volt, and ember. ..now, i just wish nyx and after a week i don't have it yet? sure, i could craft rhino, volt again, ember again, loki, ash.. i don't care about them. - surely i'm not speaking bullS#&$s. DE can check my missions done: i only do Voids and the Eris one. lemme know if that's so normal.

today, i could accept 2 invitations for VOID missions. result? i got 2 Latron Prime Schema.

that prooved, don't answer me "it's random" .. sure it's random, but something is going wrong in here IN MY OPINION. and please NOTE: i'm not offending anyone, mines are just suppositions.. and i wish to understand. if i'm wrong, you can correct me.

thanks.

Edited by memeth

You've got 5 Latron Prime Schemas and start complaining? I've got 20 of those. (Exact number, not exaggerating.)

All I need is that damn Receiver... or rather, I and most of the ppl in my clan.

Conclusion: You're not alone, randomness f*cks with everyone.

Least in one of the streams they said that they know randomness sucks at times and they'd be looking at it.

every now and then rewards get stuck, like when you knew if you reached wave 15 on a defence mission you would get a hellfire. i have seen rewards for raid missions do it to. Got a banshee chassis from 3 raids in a row. I have watched someone do the void 5 times and get the same reward each and every time. the stalker gets stuck on rewards for me aswell, 3 dread  bp followed by 2 hate bp in a row. I agree something fishy is going on with the drop system.

Of course the chance of getting the final part you need is always lower. And that's before taking into account any hidden numbers, or the fact that you don't always get a drop.

Let's say you need three parts of a warframe and you currently have none. The probability of getting the correct part on the next drop (assuming one drops at all) is 1, because regardless of which one you get, it will be one you need.

Now that you have one part, the probability of getting the correct part on the next drop has dropped to 2/3 because there is now one part you don't need. That's slightly worse, but still decent.

Once you have two parts, the chance of getting the correct part has dropped to only 1/3. In other words, you are now more likely to get the wrong part than the right part, and your success rate will appear to have dropped significantly.

So that's a 66.7% failure rate, which in itself is pretty bad - on top of, like I said, any hidden numbers that DE might have implemented. If you think there is some sort of a conspiracy, farm until you have 100 blueprints total, and see how many of each (Chassis, Helmet, Systems) you have. I'd risk a guess that the quantities will be roughly the same.

Tl;dr: You are NEVER sure to get something after X attempts in any RNG based game, that's not how probability calculus works.

Some games understand that and - to prevent frustration - implement "tokens" or something like that which does indeed guarantee that you will get something after X attempts. I wouldn't mind seeing a token system in Warframe for certain most wanted items, but only time will tell...

Edited by Winterbraid

Well i have done an avg of 40 runs(maybe a bit more i dunno) on Naeglar to get the Nyx parts, atm i have 2 Chassis BP and 8 Helmet BP and 0 Systems BP so i agree with something being fishy in the drop tables, basically between 40 runs, 10 runs dropped Nyx parts and the rest dropped either Plastids and a crappy mod, 1 Neurode and a crappy mod or really just the crappy mod(quite a few runs did this) and thats not including the runs wich i tried to do with my Vauban that when i vortex Phorid he completly dissapears.

So once again i agree that some bosses, at some time of day\patch\hotfix get drop tables\system broken.

cheers from Void Legion fellow Tenno.