Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe Abilities (Changes On Customization)

matrixEXO

Given how long it has been since the devs were talking about multiple ability choices on the 4 slots and only new warframes keeps coming out, I feel skeptical to hold them to their words on that statement (since they never had any release of any new abilities apart from those tied to the warframe itself) so here is my suggestion on how to improve the current abilities. Mainly is to move them off the mod section.

Each Warframe starts with only their Q available at level 0. As they progress through the sets of 3 levels, they unlock new abilities to use. Upon reaching level 12 and every 3 levels onwards, they get ability upgrade points. Each point can be spent into an ability's sub-function to improve that ability. These sub-functions can be upgraded an "infinite" number of times. This would allow for a myraid of customization options for creating a power-spike by focusing on a single ability or a more balanced power-level across all abilities. These improvements can be improved even further with mods.

Examples:

Excalibur

Slash Dash:

-Power Slash: Increases the damage dealt by Slash Dash by 50 per upgrade.

-Sonic Dash: Increases the range of the ability by 2m per upgrade.

-Charged Strike: Adds a 0.2s delay before activation to deal 100 more damage, both applied for every upgrade.

Radial Blind:

-Blinding Flare: Blind duration increased by 1s per upgrade.

-Archon Light: Damage dealt to Infested improved by 100 per upgrade.

-Eroding Sights: Extends the range of the ability by 1m per upgrade.

Super Jump:

-Boosted Acceleration: Increases jump heights by 50% of base jump height per upgrade.

-Natural Ability: Reduces energy costs by 4 per upgrade. At upgrade 3, this ability grants the user 2 energy, increased further with more upgrades.

-Jump Force: Upon jumping, enemies around you gets staggered with an increasing range of 1m from yourself per upgrade.

Radial Javelin:

-Sword Shards: Increases the number of blades fired by 1 per upgrade.

-Seeking Force: 1 blade fired will fly directly to any nearby enemy per upgrade.

-Energy Blades: Javelins can puncture walls and objects by 0.2m per upgrade.

Mag

Pull:

-Extended Pull: Increases maximum cast range by 5m per upgrade.

-Mass Pull: Pulls all units nearby the targeted unit, only pulls same-faction units. Range of 0.5m per upgrade. Damage also applies to all units.

-Wild Inertia: Increases damage dealt on Pull by 35 per upgrade.

Shield Polarize:

-Kinetic Shielding: Increases shield regeneration of the target by 100 per upgrade level. This shield regeneration bonus can be applied over the maximum shield cap.

-Magnetic Shields: Bullets fired onto an affected enemy will receive 100% more damage per upgrade. This damage bonus lasts for up to 3s or until the shield expired.

-Reverse Polarity: Casting onto an enemy transfers 25% of the shields drained onto yourself per upgrade. After the 4th upgrade, the shield gain is more than the drain itself.

Bullet Attractor:

-Increased Magnetization: Increases radius of the attraction by 2.5m per upgrade.

-Latent Magnet: After the ability ends, a smaller bubble of 10m will last for 1s per upgrade.

-Bullet Accelerator: Bullets that hit onto the affected enemy will deal 2 bonus AP damage per upgrade.

Crush:

-Megaton Force: Enemies crushed remains crushed after the ability ends for 1s per upgrade.

-Dense Polar: Increases range of Crush by 1m per upgrade.

-Steel Assistance: Increases damage dealt based on 25% of enemy's armor as AP damage per upgrade.

Here's a few to think of for Loki.

Decoy:

-Shocking image: stun enemies in melee range of the decoy for 1s, increasing the stun by 0.5s per upgrade.

-Extended mirror: increases range of the decoy by 5m, plus 1m per upgrade

-Thermobaric deception: Upon the death of the decoy, all enemies with 10m are panicked and pushed back. Upgrading increases duration of panic by 1sec

Invisibility:

-Blink and you'll miss: 2 seconds after casting, immune to knockback, damage, and stuns, including AoE, upgrading increases duration of immunity by 1% of invisibility duration, maxing at 30% duration time

-Deception: Move 5m in any direction on cast. Upgrading increases distance moved

-Hidden blade: increase melee damage while cloaked by 30 points. Upgrading adds 10 more points of damage.

Switch Teleport:

-Misplaced trust: Enemies will target the individual it is used on, regardless of faction loyalty, for 5 seconds. Upgrades increase damage done.

-Spacial distortion: Slow down enemies near the exit point of Loki within a 3m radius. Upgrading increases radius by 2m

-Trickster's laugh: Stun enemies in a 1m radius around Loki's exit point. Upgrading increases radius by 2m

Radial Disarm:

-Armed Armor: Reduce enemy armor rating by 25%. Upgrading increases effect by 5%

-Lethal Gambit: Rearrange enemy positions within a smaller radius of the effect. Upgrading increases radius

-Energy fluctuations: Increase range of the ability

Edited by matrixEXO

No Loki examples? Sadface.

Errr... I can put it in when I come back from the theaters.

Some of the numbers could use a lot of tweaking, but I mostly approve of the idea and suggested upgrades.

Numbers and customization option designs are not set in stone. They are only just examples crafted by me and once you upgrade them past a certain level, even the Q abilities can be conditionally better than your uber. Obviously, this means that you won't have much points left to spend into other abilities or the uber itself.

Edited by matrixEXO

Decoy:

-Shocking image: stun enemies in melee range of the decoy for 1s, increasing the stun by 0.5s per upgrade.

-Thermobaric deception: Upon the death of the decoy, all enemies with 10m are panicked and pushed back. Upgrading increases duration of panic by 1sec

Invisibility:

-Blink and you'll miss: 2 seconds after casting, immune to knockback, damage, and stuns, including AoE, upgrading increases duration of immunity by 1% of invisibility duration, maxing at 30% duration time

-Deception: Move 5m in any direction on cast. Upgrading increases distance moved

-Hidden blade: increase melee damage while cloaked by 30 points. Upgrading adds 10 more points of damage.

Switch Teleport:

-Misplaced trust: Enemies will target the individual it is used on, regardless of faction loyalty, for 5 seconds. Upgrades increase damage done.

-Spacial distortion: Slow down enemies near the exit point of Loki within a 3m radius. Upgrading increases radius by 2m

-Trickster's laugh: Stun enemies in a 1m radius around Loki's exit point. Upgrading increases radius by 2m

Radial Disarm:

-Armed Armor: Reduce enemy armor rating by 25%. Upgrading increases effect by 5%

-Lethal Gambit: Rearrange enemy positions within a smaller radius of the effect. Upgrading increases radius

Edited by theammostore

If you want, I can work on other warframes, see if you like them.

I like the loki suggestions a lot, while loki is good I have to admit that compared to other warframes he feels a little less than the rest.

And thank ya. That hardest part honestly was naming them. ._.

Decoy:

Invisibility:

Switch Teleport:

Radial Disarm:

Awww. And I just came back from my theater to make their sub-functions up. Gonna add it to the OP. Though, personally, it should never give them more functionality far beyond what they are able to do with only a necessary 1 level of upgrade on each sub-function. That would mean that an efficient sub-function ought to have at least 3 to 4 points in it to be really worthwhile and will restrict the ability of the frame to be able to have a lot of abilities being filled with sub-functions.

Edited by matrixEXO

Awww. And I just came back from my theater to make their sub-functions up. Gonna add it to the OP. Though, personally, it should never give them more functionality far beyond what they are able to do with only a necessary 1 level of upgrade on each sub-function. That would mean that an efficient sub-function ought to have at least 3 to 4 points in it to be really worthwhile and will restrict the ability of the frame to be able to have a lot of abilities being filled with sub-functions.

Well, the idea I had was to expand upon the abilities slightly, give more depth to them and so on. So, decoy distracts enemies, what else might it do other than just distract, well, why not stun people who get too close?

Well, the idea I had was to expand upon the abilities slightly, give more depth to them and so on. So, decoy distracts enemies, what else might it do other than just distract, well, why not stun people who get too close?

That's not my point. Rather than talking about the stuns, I was talking about the numbers. Having a 1s stun in example, would need to warrant only a necessary 1 upgrade point for it to be extremely viable. In retrospect, my example has a very very small Pull AoE sub-function (Mag's Pull) that is only improved by spending points into that tree to be viable for a higher Pull AoE and capability. The idea is to have it as a "while viable at level 1, would not really work out until you fully spend some points into that sub-function" which then makes the customization more "Do I want to focus on this function or do I want to improve other functions of other abilities?". The Slash Dash delay is the same thing because standing still for 1.0s is an extremely long delay and can cause some enemies to already dodge the attack but if you land it, it adds 500 additional damage onto it thus making it possibly the strongest ability for such a low energy cost but there is a setback involved.

Simply put it, anything that affects damage should be minor unless having a setback, anything that adds a new feature should not be strong except when more points are put into it. Anything that affects the utility of the skill (range, AoE size, duration, etc) should always be a minor upgrade.

But, like I said, it's all personal opinion or feelings on how it should work. I liked your own idea on how the customization should work thus I put it onto the OP.

Edited by matrixEXO