Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert System Overhaul Suggestion

Lexarc

Ok.. here it goes... as we all know, the alert system now is next to bull crap and one way of improving it is to totally overhaul it. Now here is my suggestion, make the ? reward actually random for each and every player like the daily login rewards with the rewards being all the items currently in the RNG system. WIth that in mind, useless 2k credit alerts without the ? should just cease to exist and make all the alerts contain ?. At least so, people would not feel so bad as to miss and important part like the recent vauban helmet without even knowing when the hell is the time it is going to come again on the crappy alert system.

In the long run, the DE's should just probably change the alert system into a daily quest thing like other online games which players can complete everyday to obtain that ? reward with the daily login reward RNG system proposed above.

TLD:DR... ? reward like daily login. Daily quests in the long run that gives ? rewards.

Something like this has been suggested before and it was a bad idea then and still is. Making it even more random and more often? How would that fix anything? The ? alerts are supposed to be rare and not a common thing, they give you items that you can't get anywhere else. The 2k credits aren't worthless at all plus they tend to give more then just 2k and with how much credits are needed nowadays it just adds to them not being worthless,

Something like this has been suggested before and it was a bad idea then and still is. Making it even more random and more often? How would that fix anything? The ? alerts are supposed to be rare and not a common thing, they give you items that you can't get anywhere else. The 2k credits aren't worthless at all plus they tend to give more then just 2k and with how much credits are needed nowadays it just adds to them not being worthless,

Considering void runs (which are incredibly common with the new defense mission droprates) give 16k+ credits, 2k is pretty worthless.

Nobody I know from my old clan or the people I talk to in region chat ever do the credit-only alerts, simply because there's no point. I think that every alert should give something useful, whether it be blueprints, artifacts, or some sort of rare resources (control modules, I'm looking at you).

ok, so we can retain the 2k and not change how the alerts show up and just change the reward system for the ?. BY having a system like the daily reward, it benefits everyone as now everyone has the same chance of getting what they want from the ? alerts. Not only that, it will also make missing out on an alert less of a heartache due to the fact that the alert rewards now are predetermined. ALthough the down side of this is that the items that you want would now be harder to get as it is mixed up along with a bunch of other alert rewards that you might not want or dont need because u already have it.. but.. meh... good things dont come for free... i believe this type of system is still better than the current one due to the simple fact that your fate is in your own hands.

Considering void runs (which are incredibly common with the new defense mission droprates) give 16k+ credits, 2k is pretty worthless.

Nobody I know from my old clan or the people I talk to in region chat ever do the credit-only alerts, simply because there's no point. I think that every alert should give something useful, whether it be blueprints, artifacts, or some sort of rare resources (control modules, I'm looking at you).

Not everyone can/want to run void plus 2k is the min amount you get it's more like around 6k....I think or something like that. Alerts tend to be for newer players or ppl that don't have those items/credits because after a certain point they are useless.

ok, so we can retain the 2k and not change how the alerts show up and just change the reward system for the ?. BY having a system like the daily reward, it benefits everyone as now everyone has the same chance of getting what they want from the ? alerts. Not only that, it will also make missing out on an alert less of a heartache due to the fact that the alert rewards now are predetermined. ALthough the down side of this is that the items that you want would now be harder to get as it is mixed up along with a bunch of other alert rewards that you might not want or dont need because u already have it.. but.. meh... good things dont come for free... i believe this type of system is still better than the current one due to the simple fact that your fate is in your own hands.

It's a nice idea but again it's bad because that would just make everyone even madder about the alerts. The game is already RNG heavy we don't need more of it, it's already a pain as is and adding more of it will just upset the players even more.

Not everyone can/want to run void plus 2k is the min amount you get it's more like around 6k....I think or something like that. Alerts tend to be for newer players or ppl that don't have those items/credits because after a certain point they are useless.

It's a nice idea but again it's bad because that would just make everyone even madder about the alerts. The game is already RNG heavy we don't need more of it, it's already a pain as is and adding more of it will just upset the players even more.

I dont think it will make people any more angry than they already are now.... This system liberates those that are not lifeless enough to watch their apps all day and be near enough to a PC with warframe just to do the important alerts. This gives every individual a fair chance of obtaining the item they want. SInce the alerts now are already RNG heavy as u call it... whats the problem bringing the RNG down to a more personal level where u can take matters into your own hands... and just do every ? alerts when u are free and hope u would get what ever it is u want. OF course there will still be those insane people that will still do every ? alerts just to maximize their chances but at least it takes the heartache away from missing on an important alert as this proposed system makes every alert equally important and by doing so, everyone is just going to be more easygoing knowing that they might or might not even get the item they need from the alerts they missed.

I dont think it will make people any more angry than they already are now.... This system liberates those that are not lifeless enough to watch their apps all day and be near enough to a PC with warframe just to do the important alerts. This gives every individual a fair chance of obtaining the item they want. SInce the alerts now are already RNG heavy as u call it... whats the problem bringing the RNG down to a more personal level where u can take matters into your own hands... and just do every ? alerts when u are free and hope u would get what ever it is u want. OF course there will still be those insane people that will still do every ? alerts just to maximize their chances but at least it takes the heartache away from missing on an important alert as this proposed system makes every alert equally important and by doing so, everyone is just going to be more easygoing knowing that they might or might not even get the item they need from the alerts they missed.

Well I'm going to assume that you're more of a newer player and weren't here before the app was made (mainly because it seems newer players are the ones that keep coming up this similar idea). There used to be a time where we didn't have something to tell us what these rewards were let alone that they even showed up. i remember how angry people got when they missed something that they wanted and how unhappy they were with not knowing what the alert was.

Also the other problems are first it would be like trying to get a warframe part but even worse, people already get mad when they don't get their part after x times trying to get it and there's far more stuff in alert rewards then from a boss drop. Second and it's what people always forget is that RNG is supposed to make the game last longer by not giving people what they want. 

You also talk about fairness well what your system would do is make it even more unfair. As of right now (it's not perfect and does need to be changed) Is that everyone would know what item and have a somewhat even chance to get it. Your system would make it completely random and more unfair because someone will get everything they want every run while someone else wouldn't get anything they want after 20 runs doing the same alerts. Your system as of right now wouldn't be better it would just make things worse, if things were to change then maybe it could work but I don't know what changes would be needed for it to work.