The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Phantarra - Channeling-based Khopesh

Monchopin

I noticed there aren't many melee weapons that really play out with the channeling mechanic, so I whipped out a quick concept that could become something in the future. Also I noticed that other than the Nami Solo there aren't really any curved swords in the game. 

Phantarra would use Machete stances, and it would deal primarily slash damage with moderate-to-high attack speed.

While not channeling, the Phantarra looks like a plain khopesh with minor details to it:

rOEoZMN.png

While channeling, a pattern lights up, and with every attack the Phantarra creates a delayed, secondary attack that follows the first one's trail, dealing an innate amount of Elemental damage that scales with both channeling damage and elemental damage mods:

Iq2sUN6.png

I haven't exactly tackled what element it would be, or whether it would be a primary or composite element - but I'd personally go with either Magnetic or Heat.

The main idea behind this would be to bring around a weapon that could bring something new in terms of builds, really making use of channeling-related mods that (from what I've gathered) are often overlooked.

Spoiler

Plus, I really like curved swords.

EDIT: I made some stats for it, will look into them later:

Spoiler

Slash: 46
Impact: 8.5
Heat: 25.5

Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Damage: 2.0x
Status Chance: 10%

Channeling Damage: 2.0x
Attack Speed: 1.0

Edited by Monchopin

Utterly beautiful design, I must say. 

59 minutes ago, tennorod said:

Funny I was thinking about using a khopesh for one of my warframe ideas but machetes are mostly trash for the most part so Idk about the stance 

... yes, I'm with you here. Ideally, [DE] would at least revisit the 'machete' class of melee weapons, in stats and in how they behave in the field.

I was about to argue that khopesh' appear to be more like short-swords, but further reading tells me that they're designed similar to axes rather than a sword to flourish. So yeah, I agree that a khopesh weapon like the Phantarra would fit well with Warframe's other 'machete' weapons.

On 20/5/2016 at 2:31 AM, tennorod said:

Funny I was thinking about using a khopesh for one of my warframe ideas but machetes are mostly trash for the most part so Idk about the stance 

On 20/5/2016 at 3:40 AM, mrmexas said:

... yes, I'm with you here. Ideally, [DE] would at least revisit the 'machete' class of melee weapons, in stats and in how they behave in the field.

Gotta admit, Machetes aren't in a great spot right now, specially having a single stance

but

further reading tells me that they're designed similar to axes rather than a sword to flourish.

is correct, khopeshes are more akin to long, curved axes than they are to swords, plus the fact that they're edged on only one side, that's why I chose to put it in the Machete category

I'd love to see a buff to the category, though

==============================================

Utterly beautiful design, I must say. 

Much appreciated!