Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Not Recieving Rank Exp

Limekim

Not completely sure if its a unmentioned feature or a bug, but whenever i buy a mk1 braton and a lato to farm some xp for my rank wich speeds things upp it seems like i dont recieve rank xp for the 10 first levels on the weapons

you only receive rank exp once per level (for that weapon). So if you have a Mark 1 and level it to level 30. You will get 30 times 100 exp. If you sell that fully leveled weapon and buy a new Mark 1 then that mark 1 will have the status "unranked" but since you already leveled a mark 1 to 30 you will not receive mastery xp for that weapon. You need to buy a new kind of gun. one that you did not yet level to 30

Once you have leveled a weapon up, you can never get mastery points for that level on the weapon again. This prevents you from buying a braton, leveling it up to 15 quickly, selling it, buying a new one and repeating. It forces you to use all the weapons and warframes.

once you level a weapon, if you level it and sell it you only gain xp after you pass the level of the original, so if i play with my lato to lvl10, sell it then buy another a month later i wont get rank xp for the first 10 levels, once i level it to 11 i start gaining rank xp again, at least thats my understanding of how it works

To keep leveling your mastery rank, you need to continue to obtain and rank up new Warframes and weapons. You cannot get mastery EXP for ranks you've already received on a frame or weapon, even after selling them and getting them back or polarizing them. So, you will have to rank up something other than the Mk1-Braton and Lato to get more mastery EXP.