The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Wierd Weapons" Conquest/Metacor

Tjeker14

So I've been thinking up some weird designs for weapons, and I thought up a couple things. Maybe I'll try and make some art of it or something, but for now this is what I have:

CONQUEST (Tonfas):

Name: Conquest (Following the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse theme set by the War sword, subject to change)

Stats: Similar to Boltace in high slide damage, but more geared for balanced impact/puncture and crit building.

Appearance: Hooked ends, with somewhat Sentient design features (Floating glowing particles)

NEW STANCE: Raging Seas: Retreating strikes give way to powerful slam attacks

Focuses on backwards-moving spin attacks before jumping backwards for slam attacks. Long-ish animations, but with high damage multipliers (2x-3x) and guaranteed procs and knockdowns aplenty.

3 Combos: (Thus far, not including basic and global attacks)

Raging Tide:

E+E(Hold)+E+E

After the initial two attacks, the Warframe performs a spin, moving backwards, before springing forward with the next press, damaging all enemies in its path with a 2x damage multiplier, finishing with a ground slam for 2x damage and guaranteed knockdown.

Sinking Riptide:

E+E(Wait)+E+E+E

After the initial two attacks, the Warframe steps backwards, throwing the tonfas roughly 1.5m in front of it (Changeable with Reach), before springing forward, dealing 1x damage to enemies in its path, before performing a finisher on any enemy in a 1m radius (Not changeable by Reach) .

Spitting Sea:

E(S, or reverse for consoles)+E+E+E

After its initial attack, the Warframe performs a small slide attack before jumping into the air and performing a ground slam for 3x damage and guaranteed proc and knockdown. Useful for CC. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

METACOR (Sniper/Assault Rifle):

Name: Metacor (After Greek root meta-, meaning change)

Appearance: Shorter version of the Snipetron, with alt-fire extending a barrel (Swinging down from top of weapon) which fires sniper bullets.

Stats: High status chance, but lower damage and critical chance/damage in Assault mode. High critical chance and and damage in Sniper mode, but lacking in Status and damage spread.

Clip Size: 72 (24 bursts, 6 fully-charged sniper shots)

~0.25 seconds conversion time (Can be increased with reload speed)

Mechanics: Assault Rifle uses 3-round bursts, while Sniper rifle uses a charge-trigger mechanic similar to the Lanka, consuming 12 ammo from the clip for a fully-charged shot. Alt-fire switches between assault and sniper mode. Enemies within 0.1m of front side during conversion take 50 Impact damage and are staggered. Can switch while scoped. Cannot use sniper-specific mods (Depleted Reload, Charged Chamber, Primed Chamber, ect.). Possibility of including two mod "builds" for each mode, allowing customization of modding for each mode.

MMbyvg5.jpg

(Just a quick concept I drew up for Metacor)

Feel free to leave comments/suggestions in the comments. And Hek, if you want to make art of them, I won't turn you down.Thanks!

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14
Added concept for Metacor!

47 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

SNIPER/ASSAULT RIFLE

(This one is way more underdeveloped as my other one)

Name: None at the moment  

Appearance: Shorter version of the Snipetron, with alt-fire extending a barrel (either from the body or folding in from the sides) which fires sniper bullets

Stats: High status chance, but low damage in Assault mode, High crit and and damage in Sniper mode, but lacking in Status and damage spread.

Mechanics: Uses both sniper and rifle ammunition, drawing from both Rifle and Sniper ammo pools. Alt-fire switches between assault and sniper mode. Can switch while scoped.

So basically this:

widowmaker___overwatch___close_look_at_m

... Ill take two... for no reason...

Though I question the usage of two ammo types. Would that be possible, game mechanically speaking? And what about mods, while most of the rifle mods are usable on both assault rifles and snipers, there are some unique mods for both.

I would make it a corpus energy weapon, and have it use just rifle ammo. Give it maybe a 60 magazine. Once you switch it to sniper mode, it uses 10 or 12 shots worth of ammo to fire a single bullet, with the power of a regular sniper rifle. And simply not allow it to use any Assault rifle/ Sniper rifle specific mods.