The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 Ppl Give More Exp And Mods Fallacy

thatdamnlobster

I've never done any comparisons of my kills, so I can't say one way or the other. However, I would like to mention that the wiki claims that if you and an ally both shoot the same target, and then your ally kills it, you both get exp for the kill based on whatever weapon he killed it with, but you also get an "assist" quantity of exp for the weapon you were using to shoot it.

If this is true, then it'd mean everyone shooting a target other than the one who killed it is actually getting more exp for it than they would if they killed it themselves. In such a case, it'd be possible for a two man group fighting 400 mobs to get more exp than a solo fighting 400 mobs because they can help each other, whereas the solo can only get "100%" exp.

Again, not sure if it's true, because I usually solo or play with one friend who has a habit of running off after the objective while I'm trying to loot, during our farming runs for his resources, but I figured I'd bring it up.

i was arguing ppl in my clan think that if we killed 400 enemies with 2 ppl, and 4 players killed 400 that the 4 person squad would get more. thats a fallacy

im talking total kills.

2 player squad 400 kills =normal exp

4 player squad 400 kills = double exp

actually its true.

When a player kills, the xp goes to the warframe/weapon that killed it. Then everyone else in the team in range gets the xp on ALL 4 (frame+3 weapons) so 2 people killing 400 units would give 5x the xp total (1 for the player that killed. 4 for the player that didnt). In a squad of 4, it would give 1+4+4+4 =13x the xp. 13x>5x therefore 4 player squad killing gives more xp than 2 player squad killing the same amount. Just that the higher xp amount is also spread among more people.

Edited by xenapan

xenapan, on 15 Jun 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

actually its true.

When a player kills, the xp goes to the warframe/weapon that killed it. Then everyone else in the team in range gets the xp on ALL 4 (frame+3 weapons) so 2 people killing 400 units would give 5x the xp total (1 for the player that killed. 4 for the player that didnt). In a squad of 4, it would give 1+4+4+4 =13x the xp. 13x>5x therefore 4 player squad killing gives more xp than 2 player squad killing the same amount. Just that the higher xp amount is also spread among more people.

hahaha no, they mean that the base amount of exp scaled which doesnt happen. they thought, say, if one person killed an enemy on solo it would get 100 exp. but if one person killed an enemy in a squad, regardles if the rest of the squad was close enough to recieve the exp they would get 400. that is a fallacy. this is all im arguing. im not sure if i can explain it another way or not but i must have about 6 different ways g*ddamn