Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Escape Missions

Aekkel

Alright, I did a quick search and saw only one thing under the title of escape, and it wasn't what I was going to suggest. Forgive me if this has been suggested before/is in the pipework.

Basically, the idea is that after completing some minor objective, you then have to escape the ship. As time goes on, the enemies increase in difficult and numbers. Think a defense mission, but the defense target is *you* (or your teammates). If you get to the end before being overwhelmed, you succeed! The idea here isn't the current get-out-once-you've-done-the-objective, but that most of the mission is spent post-minor-objective, and you're getting absolutely swarmed with baddies. Alternatively you could be locked up or something and have to bust your way out.

If you'd been stealthy up until the point you complete your minor objective, then the completion of that objective would break the stealth and make the enemies aware of you - they'd notice their life support going offline, for instance! The enemies wouldn't be attacking in waves, like they do in the defense missions. It's just every time the game would spawn an enemy, it adds to their level based upon time elapsed.

There's already a thing where upon destroying the ship's reactor (or possibly other missions? Not sure), a countdown starts and you have 5 minutes to get out before the ship explodes. Why you can't just find the nearest piece of reinforced glass, break it, jump out and have your spaceship-flying friends pick you up, I don't know. :P

Ooh! We could have missions on the *outside* of vessels. Or bits where you have to go out there at least temporarily, before the vacuum damages your shields. Not that I get why vacuum is a problem for entirely-suited-up space ninjas, but there you go.