Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unnamed Tenebrosity Warframe unfinished Idea.

Ominous73

The Tenebrosity Warframe.

This unnamed frame has slowly evolved in my head for months, and months.
It started off as just another healing frame.
But instead, I tried to think of the gaps, and areas that should be filled.
The areas that haven't really been touched.
So while playing the game, I continued to edit this idea, to see if I could manage to find a ground that could benefit from this frame.
Recently this idea has been rewritten multiple times, until it actually made sense to me.
Nothing is set in stone, any values, or costs, are just from example of existing Warframes.
His/Her code name is NOX. Since if the idea is used, the name, and gender won't matter.
So please excuse any errors.

- = - = - = -

Simply put, NOX is a "hopping protector" support frame, with CC abilities.
Where the frame would physically hop between players, leaving a small portion of itself behind as a protective shell.

The idea in mind, is a physically weak frontlines protector.
Avoiding damage, as you hop around the battlefield, buffing allies, and manipulating the weak.

All of his/her powers are built around protection, and manipulation.
Something for those long survival, and defense runs.

NOX is not built as a stealth frame.
But if no one sees you latch onto an enemy, who would be any wiser?
Better keep moving. ...Hopping?

- = - = - = -

Now, when I talk about protections, or shells.
I'm not talking superior defense, as Rhino's Iron Skin would have.
Nor am I talking about Mesa's crazy reflecting Shatter Shield.
More along the lines of a 'ghostly shell' made from your own personal Warframe, that lingers once you've left.
But as it's being destroyed, would slowly force NOX out of the host

As an example, NOX hops onto Tenno A in a tough situation.
Which gives Tenno A a protective shell that can degrade from being damaged.
You notice another Tenno is about to die, you may either hop through the air to Tenno B.
Or use
Forceful Exit, and knock anything out of the way of Tenno A, as you make your way to Tenno B.
But as you leave Tenno A, you leave them with a fragmented shell, that will degrade from damage, or time.
However, in this state, NOX will also be downed, if the host is downed. [Allies only.]

NOX may hop to as many Tenno as he/she sees fit.
But shells don't last forever. Using Fate, you may extend the fragmented shell duration.
However it doesn't restore the damage percentage.

The idea of this frame, is to be extremely helpful in regards to protection.
Crowd control powers are to keep allies safe. Or pull them away from something you're supposed to be protecting.
Using Latch, and Forceful Exit properly, you shouldn't have to touch the floor.
Which is actually beneficial to yourself, and other Warframes, thanks to the passive.

- = - = - = -

TL;DR

Spoiler

A Warframe that hops from target to target.
Buffing the target it's on, even the enemies.
Your aggressiveness comes from using your enemies against themselves.
Capable of mass CC.

Floor is lava.

- = - = - = -

Stats:

Health:
            - (225.0 at rank 30)

Shields:
            - (300.0 at rank 30)

Armour:

Power:
            - (262.5 at rank 30)

Speed:

Polarities:
        - Warframe
            - Vazarin [20?cb=20150301001231]
            - Naramon [20?cb=20150301001230]

- Aura
            - Naramon [20?cb=20150301001230]

Passive:
        - Every time NOX leaves a hostile target, there's a 30% chance a health orb will appear.
            - Only works once per enemy successfully.

Abilities:

- Latch.

- Latch causes NOX to leap, and latch onto it's target.

- Cosmetics:
            - Target will be covered in a thin layer of darkness.
                - Energy tint will pulsate across the layer darkness.

- Energy Use:
            - Initial cost will be 5.
            - Each second NOX is latched onto a host, 2.5 energy will be spent.

- Power use:
            - Target must be within visible range.
                - 15m/25m/35m/40m [Capped at 50m. With Range mods.]

- Holding the key will:
                - Outline visible friendly targets in green.
                    - Buffed friendly targets will show a circle above their heads, showing how long the buff has left.
                - Outline visible Hostile targets in red.
                - Releasing the key while a target is under the crossair will initiate the hop.

- Tapping the key will:
                - Hop to the target, but only if it is available, and within range.
                - Exit the host, if no target is selected.
                    -Will exit from behind.

- Friendly targets will gain:
                - A full protection shell.
                    - Damage reduction while NOX is lached onto the Tenno.
                        - 15%/35%/50%/70%
                            - Does not replenish while latched on.
                            - Does not stack with existing damage reductions.
                            - Damage reduction lowers while being damaged.
                            - Upon reaching 0%, NOX will be knocked down to the ground, leaving the host.
                                - Added as an incentive to do what your frame is supposed to do.

- A fragmented protection shell.
                    - Damage reduction once NOX has left the Tenno.
                        - 10%/10%/25%/30%
                            - Does not replenish while latched on.
                            - Does not stack with existing damage reductions.
                            - Damage reduction lowers while being damaged.
                            - Upon reaching 0% NOX may hop back onto the target to rebuff them.
                                - But only once the buff has run out.
                            - Degrades over time:
                                - 30 seconds. [Capped at 60 seconds. With Duration mods.]

- Hostile targets will gain:
                - A Radiation type debuff, where the single target will automatically attack it's own units.
                    - The damage reduction buffs still apply to the target.
                    - Upon leaving a hostile target, NOX will leave with a small percentage of it's health pool.
                        - 0%/5%/10%/15%
                - The lower the level of the hostile target, the easier it is to force them to attack friendly targets via chance.
                    - 90% at levels 1-10
                    - 80% at levels 11-20
                    - 50% at levels 21-30
                    - 40% at levels 31+
                        - [Capped at 75% at levels 31+. With Power mods.]
                - Capable of stealth kills if able to latch on to a hostile without being detected.

- Forceful Exit

- Charges NOX up with energy, that will directionally explode when unleashed.

- Energy Use:
            - Initial cost will be 15.
                - Due to spending 5 to leap onto the target. The cost will be 20 at a minimum.

- Can only be used while on a host.
                - While holding the key:
                    - A charge ring (Similar to the bow charge, but larger.) will show in the middle of the screen.
                    - Circle will notify the user once each stage is reached via a sound clip.

- Depending on how long you hold the key for, the stronger the exit will be.
                    - Stage 1, 1% to 33%.
                        - Small directional knockdown AoE, followed by launching the player with a similar distance to a normal bulletjump.
                            - Cheap CC, with no extra energy cost. Great for getting around. Small window to hop again.

- 0 Extra energy used.
                                - 20 energy used at a minimum.

- Stage 2, 34% to 66%.
                        - Medium directional knockdown AoE, followed by launching the player with a similar distance to a normal bulletjump. Ending in a slight hang in the air, after the jump.
                            - Fairly strong crowd control. Best used in a situation where enemies are getting too close to the host. Or if you wish to escape a host's death.
                               - Hitting a floor will stop all damage output, and enter a slide, if the key is held down.

- Range:
                                - 10m.

- 5 Extra energy use.
                                - 25 energy used at a minimum.

- Stage 3, 67% to 100%.
                        - Medium directional knockdown AoE, with Blast damage along the direction of choice. Followed by launching the player with a similar distance to a normal bulletjump. Ending in a slight hang in the air, after the jump.
                            - 100/250/350/500 Blast damage.
                                - Hitting a floor will stop all damage output, and enter a slide, if the key is held down.

- Range:
                                - 18m.

- 10 extra energy use.
                                - 30 energy used at a minimum.

- Fate

- Fate causes NOX to dive into the floor, causing a pool/sphere of shadows to form.

- Fate is an aerial power. And can only be used in the air.

- Cosmetics:
                - Fate is visibly a sphere, for easier identification.
                - Similar to Equinox's Mend & Maim. A slow watery texture on walls, and floors within the area of Fate.
                - Shadow tendrils slither out of the center of the area to hold the five enemies in place.

- Energy Use:
                - 50 energy.
                    - Using this power during the hang of Forceful Exit will reduce the energy cost by 25%. [37.5 energy by default.]
                        - 67.5 energy used from Forceful Exit, 

- Range:
                - 5m/10m/15m/20m.

- Any buffed allies caught in the impact of this power will:
                - Have 15 seconds added to their fragmented shell.
                - Hopping away from an ally standing within this area, will gain the 15 seconds to fragmented shell from the start.

- Any hostiles caught in this will:
                - Be trapped within the range of this pool.
                    - A max of 5 targets can be trapped inside the area.
                        - Any additional enemies will be flicked away from the area on impact only.
                            -This doesn't prevent extra enemies entering after impact.
                - Slows any hostiles entering the area.
                - Impact briefly stuns hostiles if used from the power Forceful Exit.

- Penumbra Maw

- Penumbra Maw causes NOX to emit lengthy tendrils snatching hostile targets, and pulling them inwards for a final crash.

- Energy Use:
                - 100 energy.
                    - Reduced by 25% if used within
Fate. [75 energy.]

- Range:
                20m/30m/40m/50m.
                    - Targets must be visible in order to be pulled in.
                    - If used within
Fate, Penumbra Maw causes impact damage.
                        - 350 Impact.
                    - Reduces range, and cost by 50% if use while airborne.
                        - If used while airborne, and within
Fate. Cost is reduced by 50%.
                        - If used while airborne, and within
Fate. Range is reduced by 35%.

- Any hostiles caught in this will:
                - Be snatched, and pulled towards NOX.

So... It's a rabbit might want to take it back to the drawing board with 

more description so people know what your abilities are about.

dont skip ahead to modding the frame until you make a checklist and have all the easy parts down 

then make augments for your frame 

then be happy with what you have. :)

15 hours ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

So... It's a rabbit might want to take it back to the drawing board with 

more description so people know what your abilities are about.

dont skip ahead to modding the frame until you make a checklist and have all the easy parts down 

then make augments for your frame 

then be happy with what you have. :)

The abilities are listed properly though, are they not?

The only thing I see that's missing is more damage for each ability.

I haven't started thinking about modding it yet, just keeping caps in place where they should be so the frame doesn't become too overpowered.

Augments are nothing to do with me, they're always under DE's control to decide on what augments each Warframe should posses.

11 minutes ago, Ominous73 said:

The abilities are listed properly though, are they not?

The only thing I see that's missing is more damage for each ability.

I haven't started thinking about modding it yet, just keeping caps in place where they should be so the frame doesn't become too overpowered.

Augments are nothing to do with me, they're always under DE's control to decide on what augments each Warframe should posses.

It's your created warframe you make the augments.

plus the abilities aren't giving me the reader a full vision on what it would do.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

It's your created warframe you make the augments.

plus the abilities aren't giving me the reader a full vision on what it would do.

This entire Warframe was just an idea.

Creating augments wouldn't really do much for anyone, since they wouldn't be used at all.

How are the abilities not giving you a full vision on how they operate, if I may ask?

I have listed what each ability would do.

6 minutes ago, Ominous73 said:

This entire Warframe was just an idea.

Creating augments wouldn't really do much for anyone, since they wouldn't be used at all.

How are the abilities not giving you a full vision on how they operate, if I may ask?

I have listed what each ability would do.

Well it sounds like you have given up on your concept man.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

Well it sounds like you have given up on your concept man.

How on Earth have I given up on my idea?

All I did, was refuse to waste my time creating augments, that would never be used, haha.

45 minutes ago, Ominous73 said:

How on Earth have I given up on my idea?

All I did, was refuse to waste my time creating augments, that would never be used, haha.

If your saying it's just an idea and you won't make augments then what are you going to do now.

I only wanted to present the idea, to see if it would cause any kind of reaction.

It's just an idea. And that's it really.

It's not supposed to be 100% fully fleshed out.

So to make one that's completely detailed in all aspects, would be a massive waste of my time, really.

But personally, I'm not bothered if this idea is forgotten about.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

If your saying it's just an idea and you won't make augments then what are you going to do now.

What he can do now is to take feedback from other players and refine NOX's abilities; consider if the Warframe is too under- or over-powered, the synergy of the Warframe in a team and if it is well-suited for solo play as well, to name a few.

You don't have to explore every avenue to bring across your idea of a Warframe.

Better to focus on the core mechanics of the Warframe instead of blindly adding everything relating to a frame. Shall we add alternate helms next then? I admit that, Ominous, you've put in a lot of effort to create the frame only to stop short of the augments, But, in the end, Glider, it's the creator's frame. He doesn't want augments yet; so be it. It is by no means finished.

7 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

What he can do now is to take feedback from other players and refine NOX's abilities; consider if the Warframe is too under- or over-powered, the synergy of the Warframe in a team and if it is well-suited for solo play as well, to name a few.

You don't have to explore every avenue to bring across your idea of a Warframe.

Better to focus on the core mechanics of the Warframe instead of blindly adding everything relating to a frame. Shall we add alternate helms next then? I admit that, Ominous, you've put in a lot of effort to create the frame only to stop short of the augments, But, in the end, Glider, it's the creator's frame. He doesn't want augments yet; so be it. It is by no means finished.

I know what I'm doing I'm trying to get him thinking on augments because we all know abilities are important so are augments.  Just giving him feedback on how to keep the concept alive ya know. I wasn't going to say "you should add alternate helms" where on earth did you get that if that was an example then that had nothing to do with it what I was talking about. (you don't have to have art for every concept you make and not everyone is good at art) Ominous would be a great artist if he wanted to be.  (It's never too late to start too)

47 minutes ago, Ominous73 said:

I only wanted to present the idea, to see if it would cause any kind of reaction.

It's just an idea. And that's it really.

It's not supposed to be 100% fully fleshed out.

So to make one that's completely detailed in all aspects, would be a massive waste of my time, really.

But personally, I'm not bothered if this idea is forgotten about.

It kinda is suppose to be fully fleshed out because that's why people read it. How do you think those warframe concepts made it on prime time.

I don't really think it's a massive waste of time in the end it's worth it that's why people are in the forums and that's why we don't stop making concepts, but that's your opinion so say what you want to say.

if your not bothered if it gets flushed down the toilet then it sounds like you'll just leave it there?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

I know what I'm doing I'm trying to get him thinking on augments because we all know abilities are important so are augments.  Just giving him feedback on how to keep the concept alive ya know. I wasn't going to say "you should add alternate helms" where on earth did you get that if that was an example then that had nothing to do with it what I was talking about. (you don't have to have art for every concept you make and not everyone is good at art) Ominous would be a great artist if he wanted to be.  (It's never too late to start too)

Telling him that he's given up on the concept solely based on the fact that he hasn't put up augments doesn't sound like encouragement to me. Great concepts aren't always created by one man alone. It is the culmination of the feedback provided by many other forum users.

Some provide details such as augment mods because they have the idea and want to put it forward; others, because they have the abilities finalised and want to bring it to the next step up. Try to force an idea, and you'll end up nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

Telling him that he's given up on the concept solely based on the fact that he hasn't put up augments doesn't sound like encouragement to me. Great concepts aren't always created by one man alone. It is the culmination of the feedback provided by many other forum users.

Some provide details such as augment mods because they have the idea and want to put it forward; others, because they have the abilities finalised and want to bring it to the next step up. Try to force an idea, and you'll end up nowhere.

I never said I was forcing him I'm trying to get him at that point some concept turn good by negative feedback not that I'm giving bad feedback. I was along a question for if he was giving up if you didn't catch that. Plus your one to talk I haven't seen you say anything helpful for him, and I was putting the thought in his head not telling him to do it you are misreading me.

Edited by (PS4)glider700

1 minute ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

I never said I was forcing him I'm trying to get him at that point some concept turn good by negative feedback not that I'm giving bad feedback. I was along a question for if he was giving up if you didn't catch that. Plus your one to talk I haven't seen you say anything helpful for him.

No, you aren't forcing him. You merely asked him if he was giving up because there are no augment mods.

5 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

No, you aren't forcing him. You merely asked him if he was giving up because there are no augment mods.

I asked him that because he sounded like he didn't care about it ( the concept). Wait why are you here this was between me and ominous?

Edited by (PS4)glider700

I asked him that because he sounded like he didn't care about it. Wait why are you here this was between me and ominous?

It's a free world. Ominous already said he was in no way giving up on the concept.

No criticisms from me on the frame because I have nothing useful to offer and therefore will not comment on it.

2 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

It's a free world. Ominous already said he was in no way giving up on the concept.

No criticisms from me on the frame because I have nothing useful to offer and therefore will not comment on it.

Don't you mean free country? Sounded like he was giving up when he sayed he won't care if it gets forgoted in other words flushed down. Also your commenting on it right now. Lol

Edited by (PS4)glider700

Don't you mean free country? Sounded like he was giving up when he sayed he won't care if it gets forgoted in other words flushed down. Also your commenting on it right now. Lol

I have no doubt you and I live in different countries. Giving up on something and not minding if it is not seen by others are two different things, my friend.

I will not comment on the frame itself, if I have to say it explicitly.

2 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

I have no doubt you and I live in different countries. Giving up on something and not minding if it is not seen by others are two different things, my friend.

I will not comment on the frame itself, if I have to say it explicitly.

There you go now it's more clear. :)

why are you still on the giving up part why don't you give up so I can go to sleep? Like just drop it its old now.

Btw I need my sleep.

Edited by (PS4)glider700

There you go now it's more clear. :)

why are you still on the giving up part why don't you give up so I can go to sleep? Like just drop it its old now.

Btw I need my sleep.

Do you now? Well, I'm sorry to interrupt, Your Majesty. I have no issue ending it here, if that's what you want. Just mind that an exceptional concept is not based solely on the ideas of one man alone.

Just now, Vesper3 said:

Do you now? Well, I'm sorry to interrupt, Your Majesty. I have no issue ending it here, if that's what you want. Just mind that an exceptional concept is not based solely on the ideas of one man alone.

I know just look at redskittlz hyper dimensional frame concept he worked on it with a friend.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

Dang only 75 that's bad we need to fix that if you want to you don't have to it's a suggestion ya know. At least over 100

The idea behind it was to be physically weak.

It's strong point is because it's latched onto a host.

So while the host is being damaged, you're reducing the damage on your host.

That's why he/she is currently very weak.