Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easier Way To View Sentinel Health/shields

EnigmaticUnknown

I've been wondering if it would be a good idea to implement a sentinel health bar (maybe next to the one for your warframe that pops up when you hit Z). It's very troublesome to have to try and look directly at your sentinel to view their health, especially while in combat. Not to mention that it would allow players to be more aware of whether or not their sentinel is about to die, which would signal them to find some cover or risk losing the sentinel.

Thoughts?

Gods... yes...

I keep bringing this up too. Cant even put my own cursor on the little guy to see his health cuz he floats like right there in my "blind spot" which I cant aim at.

Edit: I also think we should be able to do 2 things

1= An option to put away your sentinel. I seen this happen in a glitch a few times, where my sentinel dissapears for some reason then comes back out on its own. I need a button that does this [and a flash light button >.>]

2= A usable item that respawns my little buddy in case he dies. Id rather that instead of ammo boxes.

Edited by unmog

Gods... yes...

I keep bringing this up too. Cant even put my own cursor on the little guy to see his health cuz he floats like right there in my "blind spot" which I cant aim at.

Edit: I also think we should be able to do 2 things

1= An option to put away your sentinel. I seen this happen in a glitch a few times, where my sentinel dissapears for some reason then comes back out on its own. I need a button that does this [and a flash light button >.>]

2= A usable item that respawns my little buddy in case he dies. Id rather that instead of ammo boxes.

The idea of being able to "store" your sentinel is a tempting concept, but I think it might be abused if it were implemented. If your sentinel were about to die, you could simply "store" it, then let it back out once you've cleared the room, instead of having to find some kind of cover for you and your sentinel (which is a bit more challenging).

Also, I would love to see a sentinel revive item too.

The idea of being able to "store" your sentinel is a tempting concept, but I think it might be abused if it were implemented. If your sentinel were about to die, you could simply "store" it, then let it back out once you've cleared the room, instead of having to find some kind of cover for you and your sentinel (which is a bit more challenging).

Also, I would love to see a sentinel revive item too.

Storing your sentinel could be abused because you can save his life? Im not saying it should heal him, just put him away. Especially say your trying to be sneaky, especially since invisibility warframe abilities apparently dont cloak your sentinel so you cant be sneaky with one. I should have the option to grab and put the little guy away is all. I think worrying about "sentinel abuse" is kinda silly. :p

Storing your sentinel could be abused because you can save his life? Im not saying it should heal him, just put him away. Especially say your trying to be sneaky, especially since invisibility warframe abilities apparently dont cloak your sentinel so you cant be sneaky with one. I should have the option to grab and put the little guy away is all. I think worrying about "sentinel abuse" is kinda silly. :p

I just think that would make it too easy to save your sentinel. Far better to let you be aware of when it's low on health, then have to make a dash for the nearest cover to give it a chance to heal. The idea can definitely work, but it would probably require some kind of 3-5 second store time to prevent players from just whipping it in and out.

A timer cool down may work better, but again Im of the mind to first just implement something, see if its broken or people are able to abuse it, and then nerf it. Not just nerf things as soon as theyre introduced. Plus I think 5 seconds is too long to just grab the little dude. Maybe 2-3 seconds. We are ninjas after all.

Still, Id prefer a cool down instead of the "3-5 second stun", like if you put him away you cant let him out for a little while, or if you let him out you cant instantly grab and put him away again.

Edited by unmog

I also think we should be able to do 2 things

I agree with the OP and with both those points.

Edited by The_Doc