The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mag] A Few Questions Coming From A Beginner.

Boodendorf

Question

For some reason, the search option doesn't work so I couldn't search for answers before making this thread, so I apologize if it annoys some people.

Here are my questions:

MAG:

1)Is any of her abilities worth leveling up or should I keep them as they are to keep space for heavier mods?

2)I bought a bit of platinum yesterday as I had gotten a 50% off coupon, I currently got 200 plat. I already bought an orokin reactor for my Mag (since I know I'm going to keep her) and I want to get one of those flying pet things, but I have no idea which one I should take, their IG description doesn't really help me choosing either. I'm also thinking of getting her coil helmet but I dislike how it looks, is there any way to hide the helmet while still having it equipped (like in other games where you can hide the hat you're wearing to see the hair of your char)?

3)I'm thinking of two sets currently: Boar/Akbolto/Scindo (or Orthos) and Latron/Dual Bronco/Gram (or Orthos), how do they sound?

4)Is this a good set of mods for Mag:

Ability 1,2,3,4 (pull crush etc) (13)

Flow maxed out (5)

focus maxed out (9)

Streamline maxed out (5)

Stretch maxed out (9)

Redirection maxed out (14)

That's 9 mods with 5 remaining points. (13+5+9+5+9+14 = 55)

Should I go for Vitality for +160% health, Fast deflection for +30% shield or Continuity for +10% duration of bullet attractor?

Or should I just upgrade pull/shield polarize/bullet attractor/crush? I heard that shield polarize maxed out was particularly useful for defense missions (at which rank does it max out though)?

Thanks for the answers!

EDIT: Forgot to ask: Does leveling up Bullet Attractor grows the size of the "bubble" or is it just the range at which you can cast it?

Edited by Boodendorf

What weapon wouldn't do the job?

Well that would depend on the mods of the weapons, and the enemies. But I will go and lay down some structure. Lets say unmodded weapons, against lvl 5ish Grineer. Hek can't do it, Paris can't do it, and dread can't do it off the top of my head.

Well that would depend on the mods of the weapons, and the enemies. But I will go and lay down some structure. Lets say unmodded weapons, against lvl 5ish Grineer. Hek can't do it, Paris can't do it, and dread can't do it off the top of my head.

Point conceded, there are indeed a few exceptions. But the point I was making hasn't really been refuted.

I am new in the game and I am playing Mag also.

All I heard about this Frame is she is the most weak right now.

Seems so clear to everyone, why not buff her?

They are working on it. It's not like she can't get the job done. It's just there are other frames that get the job done better at this time.

They are working on it. It's not like she can't get the job done. It's just there are other frames that get the job done better at this time.

By my small experience in this game... I played almost all the time with a Excalibur friend and these warframes aren't comparables.

His first skill is a blast. Need very few energy to do. Mag skills is not so helpful and good. I can't understand why not buff her. But I really think a rework would be better. Shield polarity need to have good AOE effect (inside the AOE, enemy will take damage and lost shields and friends recover their shields same time to compensate. Target your friend in the middle of the action is hard). To compensate pull single target, a good damage together would be good too.

Decided to try out Dread as I intend to level up a maximum of weapons up to 30 for mastery points anyway. It's pretty fun, bow isn't all that hard to use but definitely not my cup of tea. It just doesn't feel as overpowered powerful as the bow from Team Fortress 2 :P.

I also crafted Boltor and bought Braton, didn't try braton yet but holy god Boltor is so awesome <3. I also crafted Orthos and Cronus, leveling up cronus atm. Boltor's slow bolt kinda feels like rockets/arrows, which imo is pretty cool. Loving that innate armor piercing ability. Gonna wait for a boltor prime for potato lol.

As for sidearms, i've been using aklato, nothing really exceptionnal.

I just bought the Dethcube bundle, since it cames with lotsa stuff for the same price, it's pretty sweet, it comes with potatoes included and all.

For the heck of it (and the current related event alerts), I maxed out shield polarize. It happens to be pretty handy in tight situations, and in duo with trinity, both the shield and the health go back to nearly 100%. It also comes handy against bosses with shields.

I've been using bullet attractor as a defensive wall against heavy units, napalms and rockets flying straight back to the opponent is a life saver, it also helps speed up things/revive safely an ally against those guys or just get some breathing room.

I've tried to pull ancients into holes, sometimes it killed them in one shot, sometimes they just popped back, somebody need to confirm me if it's just pull being weird or if it's the netcode being weird.

It's kind of disappointing to see the very low numbers crush gives past 10 waves :/... Oh well, it's still handy to have some breathing room and get a stronger teammate to kill them while they're stunned.

I also maxed out Focus, and finally got streamline, who's almost maxed out. Fast Deflection is also nearly maxed out. Now I just gotta get stretch (and continuity but that's imo for other warframes than mag) and my mod set will be complete!

On a side note, I'm gonna try and craft Banshee, for now I feel like mag just won't work on endless defenses at the bigger waves, especially against infesteds where bullet attractor has 0 uses.