Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina/misc. Feedback

Zero.No.Hikari

I've been playing this game for a while, sure stamina is a problem but why not make it a bit better. I've been thinking about it and here's my suggestion:

Require Stamina for more actions, Drawing the bow should cost some stamina and keeping the arrow nocked should slowly decrease stamina and the longer the time to shoot takes the less accurate you aim.  I mean who can keep a bow strung for a long time, and keep a steady aim for over a minute. sure you can just reload and get rid of it but its a thought.  For full auto guns like Supra, Grakata, Gorgon. maybe Braton: the longer you fire some stamina is required to keep you shooting steady after a certain time it just spazzes out and causes the frame to give a small hand shake before returning to fire.  For shotguns like Hek just takes out some Stamina for faster shots.  I guess you could say a trade off of accuracy vs stamina usage.  another one for bows would be the longer you hold a full charge the stamina decreases but you also get a stronger charged shot maybe a mod that the longer you hold the full charge the stronger you shot at max you can keep it held for 10 secs for a added damage of 75-90% added to you shot and maybe a boost to the chance of making a explosive arrow.

With thunderbolt mod: I feel we should have a sound that indicates when the arrow is explosive, like a change in the arrow  maybe the arrow tip changes color.  it'd help to determine whether I hit the ground with it or aim at a head for the normal arrow damage. plus it'd help since I tend to get it procing only when I hit the head of a mob.

I might add other stuff when I have other suggestions/feedback

Edited by LigerXeno

I mean who can keep a bow strung for a long time, and keep a steady aim for over a minute.

The same guy that can hold a gun out in front of him infinitely with a perfect steady aim.

In addition to that, you do know that it's a compound bow right? After the draw you're not holding anything but a small fraction of the weight of the draw. Seriously, go to the local sporting goods store and ask to see a compound bow, try it out for yourself. I'll bet a healthy human today with less than a month of training could draw a compound bow and hold it for 60 seconds or more.

But yea that individual would have to be stronger than life. In other words someone wearing a suit that enhances his or her physical prowess, a suit that allows the wearer to run up walls, control lightning, command orikin technology, get shot and then shrug it off or turn invisible ect ect. Hmm what would we call such a suit if we had one...  Evangelion?!?  No that's not it, there must be a name...

Hate to be the one to have to tell you this but chances are if you start hitting stamina for shots, even a bow hold, the majority of players will charge their hatred of you to over 9000 and destroy your soul with the gaze of over 10,000 hurt kittens. Good Luck dude, been nice know'in ya.

Edited by Carcharias

The same guy that can hold a gun out in front of him infinitely with a perfect steady aim.

In addition to that, you do know that it's a compound bow right? After the draw you're not holding anything but a small fraction of the weight of the draw. Seriously, go to the local sporting goods store and ask to see a compound bow, try it out for yourself. I'll bet a healthy human today with less than a month of training could draw a compound bow and hold it for 60 seconds or more.

But yea that individual would have to be stronger than life. In other words someone wearing a suit that enhances his or her physical prowess, a suit that allows the wearer to run up walls, control lightning, command orikin technology, get shot and then shrug it off or turn invisible ect ect. Hmm what would we call such a suit if we had one...  Evangelion?!?  No that's not it, there must be a name...

Hate to be the one to have to tell you this but chances are if you start hitting stamina for shots, even a bow hold, the majority of players will charge their hatred of you to over 9000 and destroy your soul with the gaze of over 10,000 hurt kittens. Good Luck dude, been nice know'in ya.

Yeah I figured that and am willing to get the hate but understand I wrote that while in a hospital after a major surgery of my jaw.  if anyone has a better idea on how to fix it lets hear it, not whine on how they should remove it.

Yeah I figured that and am willing to get the hate but understand I wrote that while in a hospital after a major surgery of my jaw.  if anyone has a better idea on how to fix it lets hear it, not whine on how they should remove it.

Ok that's cool, and I do hope your jaw heals well, but fix what problem?

"sure stamina is a problem"

You do state this in your OP, but I seem to have missed what exactly about stamina is actually a problem. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. It seems to be a mechanism to hold back the slower frames and limit how much a player can sprint or do any action requiring the sprint action. The way it is currently implemented in the game is typical of shooters or many breeds. Not saying that this should be like every other shooter, I just don't see a reason to charge stamina to pull the trigger, especially with a warframe on, especially in defense missions or Pluto where there are many many enemies. (I have done over 600 kills on one mission, and I'm sure I'm not the record holder)

You offer an interesting suggestion to a problem that you have not yet defined. Simply stateing that "sure stamina is a problem" and then moving on is a logical fallacy. You are assuming that everyone knows of the problem that you are casually referring to and agrees that it is indeed a problem. I respectfully suggest you please make clear what is wrong with the way stamina works now?

Edited by Carcharias

Ok that's cool, and I do hope your jaw heals well, but fix what problem?

"sure stamina is a problem"

You do state this in your OP, but I seem to have missed what exactly about stamina is actually a problem. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. It seems to be a mechanism to hold back the slower frames and limit how much a player can sprint or do any action requiring the sprint action. The way it is currently implemented in the game is typical of shooters or many breeds. Not saying that this should be like every other shooter, I just don't see a reason to charge stamina to pull the trigger, especially with a warframe on, especially in defense missions or Pluto where there are many many enemies. (I have done over 600 kills on one mission, and I'm sure I'm not the record holder)

You offer an interesting suggestion to a problem that you have not yet defined. Simply stateing that "sure stamina is a problem" and then moving on is a logical fallacy. You are assuming that everyone knows of the problem that you are casually referring to and agrees that it is indeed a problem. I respectfully suggest you please make clear what is wrong with the way stamina works now?

True and thanks, Stamina isn't a problem too much and true but I guess it become a hindrance at certain times The root of the problem is that most people seem to hate having it on when we have Warframes, guess if I don't know the problem don't look for a fix.  Sadly the thing is that most of the problem for other people is the new slide cooldown and how limited the game breaking rushers have to deal with.  But on the Thunderbolt idea, any suggestion for that?

Hmm, yea I see your point, although I never really experienced it myself. Within the first few weeks of game play I filled my contacts list with like minded players and have run with them ever since. Because of that I am not limited by the slide CD and it has not effected my play style. Guess I'm not usually in the "rushing" crowd. Sometimes we move quick, sometimes we loot everything, but none of us ever went everywhere on the map using the slide taxi.

As for thunderbolt though I do have a Paris and enjoy it, I do not have this mod, and even though I have close to 300 hours in game I have yet to see it drop for me. As such I have no comment on that matter. Though I am curious to see what others will say to your stamina idea, I will checking back on this thread in the future.