Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Analysis Of Alerts For Catalysts And Reactors

Slyver

Besides paying and the daily login reward players are forced to rely on alerts in order to receive these (essential) items.  The power they add to a weapon or Warframe effectively doubles it, thus making it a very important addition to anybody's arsenal.  

A simple search on the Warframe forums for titles having Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst goes all the way back to about January 15 (I was not here for closed Beta so I can't say when the system was implemented).  I am more concerned with January 29 (Update 6 - Open Beta start day).

This list will include Developer induced alerts (Caused from a livestream).  I also do not know when the Twitter accounts were first used or activated (Comparing both WarframeAlerts and Warframe ? Alerts).  This means these numbers will be slightly diluted depending on when the accounts were created.

Total Tweets Warframe Alerts - 3133

Total Tweets Warframe ? Alerts - 400

Orokin Reactors - 14

Update 6 (Jan 29 - March 18) - 3

Update 7 (March 18 - May 23) - 11

Update 8 (May 23 - Now ) - 0

Orokin Catalysts - 31

Update 6 (Jan 29 - March 18) - 11

Update 7 (March 18 - May 23) - 17

Update 8 (May 23 - Now ) - 3

Probablity of EITHER Reactor or Catalyst dropping is (14+31 = 45 / 3133 = 1.44%)

Catalyst (31 / 3133 = 1%)

Reactor (14 / 3133 = .45%)

Item alerts (Blueprints to Artifacts) occur at a rate of (400 / 3133 = 12.77%) 

The rate at which these occur is unknown although may be estimated by the first post in the Alerts Notifications forum.

First post 15 of Jan - Current day 17 of June = 153 days ( 3133 / 153 = 20 Per day OR 400 / 153 = 2.6 Per Day)

Judging form the above I believe Warframe ? Alerts was created at a much later date.

This is just more of a PSA then anything but if the math is off or the methodology is terrible please inform me so I may correct it.

Edited by Slyver