Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Doesn't Like Unstick Buttons?

qweztu

Jump allows players to do actions when they otherwise could not because their Warframe was too lazy.

Example:

I can't open this loot locker because Excalibur is too lazy to open door >> I jump >> Now Excalibur is happy to open loot locker >> I walk away to find more loot

Jump should be removed because it "unsticks" occasionally unactivatible objects(loot lockers, doors, consoles....)

this happens to me all the time.

when i try to do a front flip when im sliding i dont and instead do a small hop. after that they game still considers me and in the air and i have to do a melee attack to come back down. usually doing a jump attack even tho i didnt jump (because the game still considers me as "in the air")

i have no idea what that bug has to do with an unstuck function.

I'm talking about being able to open lockers, activate consoles, open doors, etc. Occasionally, the game flips waffle and then you can't open the locker you're standing in front or other things and for some skills sometimes. So, jumping solves this problem, it's an "unstick" action, remove it, right?

I'm talking about being able to open lockers, activate consoles, open doors, etc. Occasionally, the game flips waffle and then you can't open the locker you're standing in front or other things and for some skills sometimes. So, jumping solves this problem, it's an "unstick" action, remove it, right?

No.

Whilst I appreciate the sarcasm in this thread, The difference between an Unstuck function and this maneuver is that jumping has already been implemented. An unstuck function has not been implemented in Warframe, ever.

I've already voiced my extensive issues with Scott's short-sighted statement regarding "unstuck", but that's a story in another thread.

giving players any sort of command only leads to abuse.

otherwise, troll thread is troll.

indeed, remove jumping. cuz, ninjas dont need to jump. we float instead.

There are methods to implement /unstuck that have virtually no cons save from a little development time.

For example, an unstuck function that becomes available after <x> period of time of being in the same location (give or take 4 or 5 on the x/y/z values to account for wriggle room)

This unstuck function could use repurposed code that spawns items back to a central location on a tile, or just where the items themselves respawn when they fall out of bounds. When using Unstuck, the player would have a screenshot taken of their surroundings, as well as the EE.log file and their CurrentTile, warframe x/y/z values being uploaded to DE's server tied with an ID number. The user could then optionally include instructions on how to reproduce the stick, if further information is necessary.

After these processes have taken place, the warframe would then reappear on the origin point of the last tile they entered.

This way, we see a number of positive changes, for both players and developers:

Developers:

- When a warframe gets stuck in a map, they have access to information faster.

- They get more feedback, as the vast majority of players simply ignore getting stuck, abort and restart, to growing frustrations. This helps indicate how prominent particular issues are.

- Decreases the amount of useless feedback (e.g. A forum post"I was in this room and then this happened but I didn't take a screenshot and I can't remember which room it was in.") 

- Know exactly where an issue takes place, due to the x/y/z coordinates of the Warframe being recorded.

- Automatically have the ability to reproduce the level that the player encountered the issue, due to the EE.log being uploaded as well.

Players:

- Can explore and break the game to their fullest capabilities without fear of losing their sweet loot from the run (I've lost a despair BP because of getting stuck, it is not a happy feeling and does drive players to leave, I'm sure)

- Can provide feedback in-game, without a 5-10 minute break to screenshot, make a thread, etc. It's all done automagically. You can however, still provide additional information if you wish to.

Edited by Azure_Kyte