Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Improvements

UltimateOlive

First, I would like to say that I understand that the voice of one is nothing when surrounded by the silence of many, and it is because of this that I will also understand if this post is ignored.

Now on to the topic: 

I would like to see some sort of melee change that would only be an improvement and my suggestion on how this could be accomplished.

What I am suggesting is a "melee mode" where you can fully equip your melee weapon as you would a rifle or pistol. Within this "melee mode" your melee attacks would be stronger (only slightly would be fine) and the melee attacks and blocks would be expanded on; 

1. More animations and combos that would not be triggered by simply pressing the melee key 7 times in a row.

2. More defensive maneuvers such as different blocks and (maybe?) parries.

My suggestions to keep this from being a detriment to the current melee system;

1. Make this an actual melee MODE. Have it be triggered manually and constant.

2. Allow players to continue using the regular melee attacks from their equipped gun stance.

I believe this would allow players who prefer to melee to have a more enjoyable experience while keeping the regular, well-known gameplay intact. Players who prefer to focus on gunplay can continue to do so, while occasionally using melee to dispatch foes that get close, while players who prefer to slash their enemies can do so in a more enjoyable and exciting fashion than what is now available.

I hope that this isn't seen as an insult to the current melee system, but I do believe that a change would be welcome.

Thanks for your consideration.

+1 A toggleable melee mode alongside the current 'gun mode' would be an awesome thing to have.

Perhaps even take the 'flip' so far as making the melee button into "shoot", where pressing melee key while in Melee mode pulls out the primary for snap shots.

+1 A toggleable melee mode alongside the current 'gun mode' would be an awesome thing to have.

Perhaps even take the 'flip' so far as making the melee button into "shoot", where pressing melee key while in Melee mode pulls out the primary for snap shots.

Whoa, this actually sounds really cool without removing the current gunplay with melee as a close-encounter option.

Sounds pointless to me, whether its a new mode or left as is, you'll either be mashing the melee key or clicking the hell outta your mouse.

And btw OP, this has been brought up multiple times (improving on the melee system), maybe not your specific idea, but it has been brought up nonetheless.

Sounds pointless to me, whether its a new mode or left as is, you'll either be mashing the melee key or clicking the hell outta your mouse.

And btw OP, this has been brought up multiple times (improving on the melee system), maybe not your specific idea, but it has been brought up nonetheless.

What great feedback you have to offer!

That was a joke, of course. Please don't provide criticism unless it is constructive, simply stating that it "sounds pointless" to you does not add anything to the post, it instead takes away from it.

whether its a new mode or left as is, you'll either be mashing the melee key or clicking the hell outta your mouse.

Yeah, who wants to click mouse buttons or press keys to do things while playing a videogame.

IMHO this is good because some folks want to focus on melee and actually feel 'skillful' doing it rather than just indiscriminate spamming.

It's like getting headshots or aiming for weakpoints.

EDIT: A good balance for it would be to have melee attacks cost more stamine as an offset to them not needing any ammo.

Edited by Shion963