Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Vs Orthos

truenorth

If you get one of the two you will probably be using the charge attack. The Orthos has a much larger range and faster charge speed and the same charge damage as the Scindo. I would highly recommend getting the Orthos. I will only recommend the scindo if you are a tank (Rhino, Frost or Saryn) because the Scindo's charge attack has a much larger period of time in which it can't be canceled so getting up close and personal is much easier.

Edited by Shewpdanewb

With almost all melee weapon (especially heavy ones) you will only really be using charge attacks (since the dps is much higher). The charge damage on Orthos, Gram and Scindo are the same, so your damage per hit will be the same with any of them.

Orthos

+ Fastest charge speed

- Awkward hitbox

- No knockdown on jump attack

Gram

+ Good hitbox

+ Knockdown on jump attack

+/- 2nd fastest charge speed

Scindo

+ Good hitbox

+ Knockdown on jump attack

- Slowest charge speed

My vote goes to Gram for now.

Edited by Strudul

Scindo has larger invulnerability frames than Orthos. Also, the jump attack of the Orthos does NOT knock down, unlike the Scindo's. If you put Reach on the Scindo, it also has a huge range. Also, the Orthos' cahrge attack's arc is left-heavy. You only hit enemies to in front, behind and your left. The Scindo has a 360° charge attack.

Edited by Grulos

I will only recommend the scindo if you are a tank (Rhino, Frost or Saryn) because the Scindo's charge attack has a much larger period of time in which it can't be canceled so getting up close and personal is much easier.

I have a Nyx and idk if you would consider that a tank or not. In my opinion she is like a semi- tank 

The orthos is the obvious choice. Normal attacks do not matter because they are crap. If you are playing against mobs you can use normal attacks against, you can choose any weapon you like because they are so weak. Given you play against mobs of a level where your dps start to matter, charge is the only viable way of attacking.

And for charge attacks, the orthos is superior due to its higher swing and charge speed.